1 MUST have and a couple of nice packs.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Darkheart

Jun 9, 2001
Somewhere
All these packs can be downloaded from:

http://www.pseudorandom.co.uk/

1st that is a MUST is the 3.13 fix for BP4 a tiny file that fixes a lot of problems with the BP4 models including the incorrect team colour that sometimes happens particularly at game start when using Warboss or Xan II.

2nd is The Advanced Model Support, only just started playing with this but seems to be a good thing and accoriding to the blurb is superior to the default.

3rd Are 2 skins which utilise AMS, 40K Marine v.2 which is a great model, looks fantastic in game and Wraithlord II which I'm not so keen on but is still a funky model. They are also quite small <1mb.

Anyway If you want to try them out they are on the BoD server 213.249.139.92 or maybe some other admins will update their servers too.

Darkheart

Last edited:
is this fix serverside ?
and does it replace the exsisting models (ie version mismatch from hell) ?

I'm guessing the rest are also needed to be downloaded ?

Goes on server side with client side download required. But the fix file is tiny.

It adds a line here in the UT.ini here:

ServerPackages=SkeletalCharsFix313

on the server. It has it's own .u and .int so no mismatches.

Once created it creates 2 new models Xan II (Fixed) and Warboss (fixed) no mismatches as it is a seperate module.

The other models are seperates and you can download them or not as you wish.

All the files come with Umods that work (tested no screw ups) so you won't have to mess with your ini. You can download them without the Umod if you want and put in the changes yourself.

The 2 new models (Marine v.2 & Warithlord 2) require ASM but the marine at least looks cool enough to be worth it.

Darkheart

arf, Phear is gonna like the xan2 fix, so we are gonna ahve to put up with the high polys now :(

Ace do you think you could ever manage to say 1 positive word about any topic I post up?

FFS, positive attiude required...

Darkheart

yup I do regarding Prophets tiny try to flame ION, wich means Cazman did indeed hear positive comment by an ION.

I wasn't the only person to complain about the high polycounts.
It's weird u can't force default models on the xan2 skin like u can with the cow.

Darkheart i j8 you:(
You know how much punishment this puts my 56k through:(

lol @ prophet

you really crease me :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

very predictable

and dont get me in an anti ION flame because i dont play for them anymore.

Before this thread degnerates into a slanging I just want to urge any other server admins to download and install the 313 fix for the Skeletal Models.

Long term I've decided not to keep AMS and the other 2 skins on the server as it will make it hard for people to enter but the 313 fix is small (116kb) and solves the problem with the BP4 skins so install it!

I really like the BP4 skins (Warboss rox) but h8 it when I get someone calling me a cheat because my skin is the wrong colour. I've no intention of cheating (indeed if I did there would be many better ways to do it then using a skin which is the wrong colour maybe 1 time in 20), I just like the model. This patch stops it happening making me and everyone else happy.

Darkheart

P.S. BTW I didn't intend my little dig at Ace for being a bit negative to be picked up as a banner to flame ION and for the record here is Ace saying something positive in a recent thread: "wow if u could change the screen position it would be awesome cos I think 2 teammates wouldn 't be over the top. "