0 Spawn time AS

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Geo

One & Only
Aug 20, 2003
Scotland
Played funmatch against mi5 last night and seen 2k4AS for first time with 0 spawn time, and imo its way to spammy and not as playable as spawn clock being used :) Re-Poll req for Spawn Time i reckon hrhr !:mic: :lol:

Yeah idd Rookie :thumb: I reckon folk just SEEN POLL and thought ohhh ill vote anyways even though i aint got a clue what there on about hrhr :o

I never played 2k4 AS in a real war setting so i didn't vote or cast my opinion about it all together, what i do know is that playing 2k4 AS online is f*cking annoying "because" of the spawntimer imo, and if it turns out not playable without it then i rather not play it at all, but then again, i allready decided that a while back...

IMO the only thing that can resque 2k4 AS is GOOD maps that CAN be played without spawntimer, and i haven't seen ANY customs so i don't know if there are any decent ones allready...

No re-poll needed, just use default times, after few matches ppl will realise how important the spawn timer really is :P
Sure it can feel annoying at start, but u get used to it quite fast and learn how to use it as your advantage.

Indeed, I agree that the only reason it's a spam storm is because of the maps.

Untill maps with more wide open spaces appear I don't think this can be played properly without a spawn timer.

What's the problem with waiting something like 3.secs avg for a respawn, you barely ever get the full 7 secs. And since the spawn "wave" stays open for a few secs too you got so many times you can just spawn right away again.
But omg yes it's different from ut as, omg CHANGES!!!!!! ARGGH SUX , :o

i voted 5 secs and i'm still happy with that, certainly shouldn't be less than that :P

no spawn time will suck :(

Oh dear the almighty Coyote "UTA community sux" has spoken once more. :rolleyes:

If you like changes so much try playing quake or mario's party or summat. We are an UT99 AS community really and 90% of us for instance think that launching is part of assault.;) They removed that where's the sense is that. you buy a cooky in 99 lovely flavour full say chocolate chip. now in 2004 they remove the flavour n tag on NEW n improved. :P makes fuck all sense.

We are accepting it tho. Infact we're creating a league for it. so o dear are we afraid of changes. Being happy with em is something else It's like playing soccer with a pig skin. :fingers:

sorry when did i say the communiy here sucked ? :) Me being allmighty is an opinion i like to share tho :P

Anyway, how is launchin part of Assault lol, it's pretty clear it was never intended that way, sure it's fun, but i know lots of games that had fun bugs to exploit. They all get fixed eventually since they have nothing todo with how the game was intended by the people who made it. Guess soon people will whine the junkyard magnet works ^^

So really what doesn't make sense is people wanting to have bugs in a game

erm remember ur match report flame in clanbase?

They should have removed it 4 years ago then. Launching adds a huge diversity to the game. Try playing pro assault and then tell me what u like more.

What i say there was that imo it would be better for AS in general if clans would play AS more on sites like CB, so more people get to know it actually gets played ^^

And i know what it's like to play with launching since i played here like 4 years ago, hell I played just in the period there was a new launch every damn day and found lots myself with teammates. And yes it's fun, but it doesn't mean it shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Last edited:
5 seconds is good imo

btw a bug is imo something which everybody can exploit, while the launchbug requires skill and practise. it adds a new dimension to the game, if you dont like it, sux to be you. personally if i have to play overlord one more time without launching i will go berserk :D

jwer_NL said:
I never played 2k4 AS in a real war setting so i didn't vote or cast my opinion about it all together, what i do know is that playing 2k4 AS online is f*cking annoying "because" of the spawntimer imo, and if it turns out not playable without it then i rather not play it at all, but then again, i allready decided that a while back...

IMO the only thing that can resque 2k4 AS is GOOD maps that CAN be played without spawntimer, and i haven't seen ANY customs so i don't know if there are any decent ones allready...

errr what a homo, i couldnt care less what you play , but you won't play UT2k4 Assault because you have to wait about 5 seconds to spawn ? rofl what a gay , dont die so much then.

jwer_NL said:
IMO the only thing that can resque 2k4 AS is GOOD maps that CAN be played without spawntimer...
Imo It's resqued right now without your moany ass in it. Plus the fact Assaults doesn't need resque-ing .