Ð3Mo'S

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Joko

Be Young. Be Foolish. But Be Happy!
Dec 12, 2001
Scotland
How good is demo recording in 2003? As in, how much freedom do you have, can u pause it, then fly around the map in spectator mode like u can in quake, or is it just as shit as UT1's demo recording?

How long can u view other players for as well? is it still u can only see them for like 1 sec after they leave ur FOV, then they disappear?

none m8, it's wank, worse than ut even...lol

With client demos you're limited to your own first person view. That's it. Can't even behindview urself. If it's server side then you have a bit more freedom (behindview 1 works and you can hop from each player in 3rd person don't think you can spec them first person though.

rgr! lemme know if it does, maybe ill make a 2k3 movie instead of ut1

in Unskilled2 there's a nice LG shot about 7 mins into the movie, no idea how he did this at all. If it was using some kind of demo manager of his own then there's hope for it, but i've not seen anything like it available to download. It seems to freeze the action like the Playersonly command but it appears to be an online game not bots so i dunno.

aye, thats the kinda thing im lookin for ... maybe u can do it with UT as well then .... hmmmmmmmm

bit boring movie seeing only headshot over and over !

juts wait for demomanager.. cause they are also releasing something which makes making movie of UT2k3 easier :)

fraps is fast and easy to use for making 2k3 films www.fraps.com
and yes the demoman does suck in 2k3 , I get a bounct 22fps on every match when I watch a demo

whoa back up, what demo manager is this then Ramp? Would be cool to have somat decent instead of this half assed crap that comes with it.

Btw the movie is just headshot after headshot and a bit boring after a while, but the point i was making was that i don't see how that frag 7mins in was filmed (an LG shot on the bridge on antalus where it freezes and the camera zooms in and around the victim). It's like he typed playersonly in a botmatch, no idea how that's done with the current demo system. Actually mebbe it was just a botmatch and he renamed all the bots or sthn to make it look like an online game. In which case nm...

well they promised UT-TV which they brought out and a decent demomanager also to make movies!

but I guess now they will bring that into UT2k4 maybe :)

that new ut2003 movie ... err wots it called ... Pickles or something, i like that... its >300 megs though :\

Nice stuff in it though, not very artistic but its a nice frag movie, some funny bits.

lol i'm in that, the fooker shoots 3 grouped rox into me chops :crap::rocket: nice lil trick tho before it so i let him off ;)

i noticed it said "jas" i was like ..... naaaaahhhhhh cant be.

also gets someone called Tiger SWE, is that swap tiger guy?

Originally posted by Joko
that new ut2003 movie ... err wots it called ... Pickles or something, i like that... its >300 megs though :\

The minute I saw it required media player 9, I decided that "pickles" was a shit movie not worth my download time.

Jeez, that's like releasing a movie in REAL's RM/RAM format ffs.

I have a strict rule: "if its not avi(divX) or .mpeg then I ain't going to download it."