»ION« gets silver in Eurocup

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

congratz lads GG saw the report bot :)

pity you didnt won it :( anyway GL and keep the good work :)

TF played well, they had a really nice tp on 3rd map imo ;) to bad about those 2 "lucky" caps thou. And Neo's cap on sulphur was very nice.

GL in the iTDM and iDDOM cups :D

btw ion got a public server ? just installed 2k3 whould be fun to play you lads :)

do you got 1 ?

syphus said:
btw ion got a public server ? just installed 2k3 whould be fun to play you lads :)

do you got 1 ?

We used to have one when Neo worked at Digifrag, and we're in the process of booking another one, but atm no.

Just add "*»ION«" (without the quotes) to your UT2k3 Buddy list and you'll find us sooner or later :)

you wont coz were all nicklamers fs

think the only ion player you ever find on a server if Gus :)

mmk :)

anyway rich you should learn to answert yer pm's wanker :\

@apoc mate woot servers do you advise me to play :)

CWL servers are good to warmup on, but mostly the maps are basically just boxes with a flag at each end. Basically DM with the flags in the way aswell.

You'll likely find me on either on the 2 Multiplay iCTF servers running Citadel Only, or the Gamerservers.nl servers.

Watched the game, shudda been 5-1 to u fs :P.
Still lmfao at that dumb trick from =TF= on the second map, lost flag behind a box, looooooooooooooool

Apocalypse said:
CWL servers are good to warmup on, but mostly the maps are basically just boxes with a flag at each end. Basically DM with the flags in the way aswell.

You'll likely find me on either on the 2 Multiplay iCTF servers running Citadel Only, or the Gamerservers.nl servers.

ride on :D thz been playing in multiplay citadel only good steady 80 ping there :D

GS ill try l8r dought ill have a good ping but ill test it anyway :D

Well tbh, we in the ION camp took the Eurocup lose pretty hard.

We didn't do an Mi5 and split up or anything like that, but a good bunch of the ION starting line-up were losing interest in UT2k3 due to Real Life (tm) commitments.

In short, we played the best we could with the team we had in the iTDM semi-final, but Gc we just better than the 4 guys we fielded. We finished 4th in that cup.

As for the iDDOM cup, we crashed out of the cup in the 1st round of the play-offs. Same reason above led us not able to field 5 players and DFP2 took the forfeit to go through.

Can't help but say I guess we deserved it. Personally I think we burned ourselves out during the Eurocup, getting straight through to the semi's coz we won our group and with the 2 week gap between that and the final, I guess the will to win had been lost.

However, that all being said. Congrats to Royal who won the iTDM cup.

We're still #1 in the ladder though :)

sad to hear :/
but after all thats place 2, place 4 and a playoff entry in 3 simoultaneous cups so quite an achievement. i guess you could have won one if you had concentrated your efforts. :)

Sauron said:
sad to hear :/
but after all thats place 2, place 4 and a playoff entry in 3 simoultaneous cups so quite an achievement. i guess you could have won one if you had concentrated your efforts. :)

Yeah, well we take comfort in that.

There is a new cup starting on the 5th of Jan for Mulit-Insta.

Basically it's random cup, each week it would be a random map from a random gametype (ctf, dm, or ddom).

Would be nice to win that :)