Search results

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1. WaYnOs

New pc

OK so I finally got my pc built. i5 processor and a GTX560Ti o/c 2Gb card. Not the greatest but fits the budget. What are the best drivers for this, OG or D3D? and where will I find the latest ones? And how to install! lol
  2. WaYnOs

Best Grafix card?

Hi guys. Decided I need to purchase a new graphics card on a budget :( I want to pay upto £150.00 gbp and was hoping someone here could advise on the best unit to get for the money. My system atm is Mobo - A8N32-SLi Deluxe with an AMD Athlon 64X2 4400 2,4Ghz processor. It has 4Gb ram and...
  3. WaYnOs

Boring same old "UT running in slowmo" thread

Hi guys. Just installed UT on a spare pc running Vista. It has a AMD 64 dual core processor but then everything else is pretty much basic. On board grafix/sound etc. Anyways, installed UT and it looks ok except that it runs very slow. I have tried using the dual core fix off the AMD site to...
  4. WaYnOs

XP and UT question!

I am trying to get UT running on an old xp machine. I have managed to install it ok and have just put a Radeon 9200 128mb gfx card in it! (monster!). Anyhow, I remember I used to have a little app that I used to run UT. Basically it stopped all unnecessary services from running and when I...
  5. WaYnOs

Beardyman

Just found this....awesome!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qciVXUHTN10
  6. WaYnOs

General protection Fault

WTF? This has started to happen, only a couple of times tonight, but wanna nip it in bud! Any ideas? Also keep getting kicked out of servers (well, happened 4 times tonight, once on dog std and 3 times on mine ffs!!!) Cheat found in client (21) Must have found my "NooB BoT" damn! ;)...
  7. WaYnOs

Game Tracking Sites

Do any of you guys use any gametracking sites? You know, the ones that list the games you play online, how long you play them, who you play with, etc, etc..... I have just started to use GameTracker and was wondering if therer are any better ones/more popular ones out there?
  8. WaYnOs

Proper Noob needs help!!

OK, so I have just dowloaded and installed MIRC. Problem is, I could really do with an idiot proof way of setting it up, step by step instructions if they exist! If any of you guys know of such a thing, please let me know. Also any details of how to connect to ut channels would be good...
  9. WaYnOs

New Server

I have just started to rent a UT99 server based in the UK. I was hoping that some of you guys would give some ideas as what you would like to see on the server ie Maps (std or custom or mapvote), do you want country flags, etc, etc.... Really, any ideas of how you would like to see the server...
  10. WaYnOs

UT Settings?

Seem to be having some problems with UT at the moment. (again!! ffs). As the Dog servers seem to be the only servers I can find other players on, it seems I am limited to playing there. Although I have a good internet connection I always seem to have lag problems. Most common seem to be ping...
  11. WaYnOs

Need some help!

Right, due to the lack of any decent games out there I have decided to reinstall UT!!! I need some help with files I require though. First off, I have a AMD dual core 64 processor. Last time I installed I remember I needed some sort of patch to get it to run properly. Where or what is the...
  12. WaYnOs

Retired!

Hi guys. Just thought I would let you all know that I have officially decided to call it a day with UT now. I dont get the time to play as I used to and tbh, after 10yrs of playing AS I aint got any better at it! Had some really crazy times with loads of you and would like to say thanks to...
  13. WaYnOs

What is the point in this game?

So...have avoided this game for all this time...until now (when it came free with the G19 keyboard I have just purchased) wtf is this wierd game about? No guns, no double dodge, no hammer jumps or launching???? Is this game really that popular? Anyways, if someone could tell me what its all...
  14. WaYnOs

Logitech G19 Keyboard

Just took delivery of my new G19 keyboard! First impressions are that it looks great! Now I want to see how it performs! Any one got any tips/advice on getting some good use out of it? I am using it on Windows 7 64 system. Thanks :) Also looking for new mouse. Either the Logitech G9X...
  15. WaYnOs

Demo editing software

What software do I need to edit ut demo files?? I am sure it is on here somewhere, just cant find it!!! Thx
  16. WaYnOs

Free "UT Like" game?

Any of you guys come across this before? Just sort of came across it by accident! Anyhows, here's the link: http://alientrap.org/nexuiz/downloads Internested to see if its worth installing!! :)
  17. WaYnOs

Idiot on Dog Std Server

Hi guys. Not one to moan but the last couple of days there has been a player on Dog standard server called Hitman. He is a real pain in the ass. Ok, does the usual flame people and shit which you can live with. My problem with this moron is that he is spoiling the game, not only for me but...
  18. WaYnOs

Cant find AS servers?!!!??

Hi guys. For some reason, I cant seem to be able to find any assault servers! Just keep getting message unable to connect to master server! Any ideas on what the fuck is wrong? Even on other game modes I only seem to be able to find a very few servers, even on DM server tab and the only ones...
  19. WaYnOs

Lag and ping spikes :-(

Right. Another begging for help thread! First off, this is what my ut is running on: o/s is Windows 7 64bit Processor is AMD Athlon x2 4800+ grafix card is NVidia 9800 1gb 2gb Corsair Pro ram 500gb hdd I am having big problems with ping spikes and lag when playing on Dog servers...
  20. WaYnOs

Back Again!!!

Hello guys... been away for a while due to problems with pc but finally got it sorted! Wahooo! I am after some advice off you guys. I want to know which is the best opengl driver to use on my pc based on the following information. o/s is Windows 7 64bit Processor is AMD Athlon x2 4800+...