Search results

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1. Useless

The History of UT...

gKDvqLNk7CQ I hadn't seen this before, maybe it's new to some others.
  2. Useless

Kinect Russian Roulette

http://vimeo.com/35782736 Really iffy graphics but still pretty disturbing.
  3. Useless

Recommend a laptop pls...

It's that time of year again. Need some laptop recommendations - if I don't buy this one then why not?! Needs to have similar specs (preferably Windows 7, not 8) 64-bit, 8GB RAM, 2.5GHz CPU-ish. USB3.0 ports would be nice, not fussed about anything else really. Price £500 limit. Any...
  4. Useless

UTAPUG - Cannon Fodder

I came up with an idea for a new pugtype which anyone can play. Read on. Whuh? It's called Cannon Fodder, and is a 7v7 pug game. Each team has one General and six Privates. The Privates are the soldiers which the General sends out into the field to win the maps and, ultimately, the pug. And so...
  5. Useless

Survival-horror game sound survey

Hello. Maybe you remember this post I made a while ago about survival-horror games. It's all to do with a uni project, so I need to collect data about the sound in these games. I've made an online survey and need people to fill it in, so if any of you have ten minutes and you like...
  6. Useless

Post an interesting link (ongoing)...

Rules: the link has to be of interest in general, not just to you! no embedded picture or videos one link per post maximum don't spam multiple posts all at once post a description of what the link is, as a short spoiler That's it, really. I just want to be educated, interested and...
  7. Useless

Goggle (not guess) the Serpico!

The rules: The movie can only be Serpico Or Mass Effect 3 You can also Google it 1,000,002 - Useless
  8. Useless

Scary / horror games...

Need your help for a uni project. Please just tell me the names of some scary-themed games you've played in the past (their age doesn't matter). Games where sound / music were used to enhance the oppressive, creepy atmosphere are even better, since that's the area of the project. Some games I...
  9. Useless

Firefox / Flash / Win7.64-bit lag fix...

I know it's unusual for me to actually post a solution, rather than a problem, but here goes. For the last few days Firefox has been lagging enormously, and it turns out it's because of the latest Flash version it's using. Assuming you keep Firefox and its plugins up to date you are probably...
  10. Useless

UtAS download links?...

Lo chaps. Small thing, but just wanted to ask if someone could possibly reupload the utassault.net map links in the Downloads section? Seems that none of the links work any more. The downloads.utassault.net ones just timeout and the data.unrealtournament.com ones even freeze the browser and...
  11. Useless

Scared of heights?...

See if you can make it all the way through this video. I don't have a problem with heights, but by 4:10 I was in trouble, and near the end I was in a cold sweat :scared:
  12. Useless

Irish sailing commentary...

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=510_1344196881 Not sure if it's fake but it's still funny :D
  13. Useless

Ulv: King of Commedy...

Now that Mym has raised the bar for proactive admining, I decided to grill another well-known cipher. That man Ulv, who has been dipping his greasy fingers into the juicy problem of comms and how to abuse them: -=-=-=-=- Me: Hello, Ulv. Ulv: You and whose army? Me: Right. We recently...
  14. Useless

MyM's birthday interview...

Being old, Mym likes to talk about himself more and more. I got wind of his future plans and decided to quiz him about what he'll be up to in 2012 - 2013, and here is what he had to say: -=-=-=-=- Me: Hello, Mym. Mym: Exactly. Me: Right. It's your birthday, which means that you have lost...
  15. Useless

Win7 64-bit slow on laptop?

Hi, bit of a problem. I put Win7 64-bit on my laptop, thinking that 64 would be surely faster than 32. Problem is it's noticeably slower than XP used to be and I know I need to take it off, it's horrible, constant audio distortion, painful data transfer and on and on. Anyway, if I get rid of...
  16. Useless

The Foley Fartist...

Got to see this video about a guy recording Foley sound fx, he considers himself an artist or a 'fartist' :lol: Love how he parks his car right in the middle of the car park :D b8kIVMO8070
  17. Useless

Survivor #4 - The Report...

-=-=- SURVIVOR NIGHT #4 - THE REPORT -=-=- Another Survivor event, another collective display of contemptible selfishness, breathtaking ineptitude, staggeringly chicken-like headlessness... and Dirz. The old champions have been rousted from their cosy success nest :chicken: and replaced by...
  18. Useless

Survivor #4 - The Match!!!

-=-=- SURVIVOR NIGHT #4 -=-=- Welcome to html's Survivor #4! They said it couldn't happen! They may yet be right! Presented by - html :hm: Broadcasted by - Banshee :ban: & Useless :done: (TBC) Somethinged by - Timo :stupid: Sighed at by - MyM :calm: Unlike the last Survivor...
  19. Useless

Wish v Twnz 1v1 Final...

1 v 1 FINAL Wish vs Twnz - Match Report -=-=-=-=-=-=- Their first encounter in this tourny had left Wish with a 4-1 victory, although two or three maps could have belonged to either player. Twnz had been very strong against Riv and had certainly got his practice in, so we speccers anticipated...
  20. Useless

UTV help please...

Looks like the livestream thing for Survivor is off, unless Ban can do the stream and we both do commentary over Skype. This may still happen and it would be great, but Plan B is me doing UTV, like last time (no multiple spec slots, sry). I don't mind doing UTV but I need help setting it up...