Network problems, help me please!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

War Poodle

Aug 9, 2001
MK
eyo
iv bin away from UT for around a year now n iv bin trying to get into it having just hooked up to adsl :) but the problem is i cant play due to my wireless lan, every 10 seconds or so i get a lag spike for around 4 seconds, seeming like the wireless cards stop communicating, which makes it a bit hard :( i had the problem with my old isdn with the wireless network also so i dont think this time its BT's fault. we didnt have the problem with the lan when just using the normal wire setup so im guessing its gotta be the wireless :S

i was just wondering whether any sweeties out there know what the problem is, whether its just part of the wireless lan set up thats causing it or its simply a technical problem i cant solve. we're using netgear MA 101 wireless network cards on all the computers including the server if that helps,

many thanks,
war poodle

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/archive/topic/53892-1.html

and

from the second reply @ http://www.abxzone.com/forums/showthread/t-53601.html
If u play games online with XP I would not recommend the MA101. The XP drivers rely on the Zero Wireless Service in Windows which checks for new access points every minute or so causing alot of lag. You can use the 2k drivers in xp but it can be messy getting them to work.

I would go with a different adapter which does not use this service

same conclution here, tough the part about winXP is not mentioned.
http://www.epinions.com/content_76935892612

This guy have the same problem..
http://help.lockergnome.com/index.php?showtopic=9365

So the conclution must be that the adaptor is useless for gamers :)
(On WIN XP anyway) OR that the problem is common for wireless adaptors when used with win xp, I can't say. But if you plan to buy a new do a little seach first, all the info I found was from the top of google searches ;)

ello gringers, missed ya mate ;)

ello hec, mi bruv cant get online cos of this shitty network, he misses ur sexual performances tho i keep catching im visiting his love palace nowadays,lovely, ill try n get im online for you

cheers apoc thats a great help :) glad to know it can be solved, i shall have to find miself a way out of unemployment n save my pennies then for somin a bit more beefy :cool:

poods

ignore the puff, lo paul how u doin? :)

tom reckons upgrading to ma101G adapters...or summin like that...would sort the network out for gaming purposes, anyone know if that is true?

War Poodle said:
ello gringers, missed ya mate ;)

ello hec, mi bruv cant get online cos of this shitty network, he misses ur sexual performances tho i keep catching im visiting his love palace nowadays,lovely, ill try n get im online for you

LOL.

And that from someone who chose the name 'poodle' for his nick.

I doff my hat in your general direction. :D

Hector said:
LOL.

And that from someone who chose the name 'poodle' for his nick.

I doff my hat in your general direction. :D

u have no idea mate, have i told u the story about him and his mate wiv man boobs?

You using DCHP? Try disabling it and specifying ip addresses manually. There are loads of websites on the net that tell you how to do it, takes about 10 mins to do.

Sorry for the OT but Mutts, we need to get another Utoap game together again.

Are u lot getting well pished off wiv me and tom for playing on this conn, I know everyone gets amune to hearing about lag and p/loss etc but we do get 100 percent p/loss around every 10 seconds......... it means we cant move we see the disconnected sign and the countdown stops for about 11 seconds... then we can play again.... u can shoot us while were stuck and we dont touch the move buttons to avoid slidey objectives......

its pissing us off more than the people we play against but we like playing ut too much to let a crappy conn get in the way, if admins want us to stop playin then we will....

Muttley said:
Are u lot getting well pished off wiv me and tom for playing on this conn, I know everyone gets amune to hearing about lag and p/loss etc but we do get 100 percent p/loss around every 10 seconds......... it means we cant move we see the disconnected sign and the countdown stops for about 11 seconds... then we can play again.... u can shoot us while were stuck and we dont touch the move buttons to avoid slidey objectives......

its pissing us off more than the people we play against but we like playing ut too much to let a crappy conn get in the way, if admins want us to stop playin then we will....

It cracks me up watching you hugging the wall every now and again. Anyway, you always sucked so no harm done.

bwahaha!!

Hector said:
It cracks me up watching you hugging the wall every now and again. Anyway, you always sucked so no harm done.

bwahaha!!

i know mate lol and who tought u how to launch? :P

hello :wave:

just wanted to post and say i bought two D-Link USB wireless adapters for £60 and theyre on the network without any problems and now mi ping is peachy u mite say :)

so ta for the help n ill see u in UT. yay!
poods