bushs visit

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

grizz

Drugstore Cowboy
Jun 8, 2001
in the trees!
quick question, primarily aimed at thuring as i suspect hes the only one who'll know the / an answer....

just interested to know if there is any definition of public disorder beyond which the rozzers will jump on you. to give a context, myself and several others are contemplating trying to make our views known when Bush visits the UK. now obviously throwing bricks would get you busted, and none of us are that stupid anyway. throwing tomatoes or eggs whilst essentially harmless would prolly get you busted as well. but could you be done for shouting 'you fucking murdering wanker' at the top of ones voice?

just interested, pls note this topic isnt proposing a debate whether this is a righteous thing to do, but just how far 'the man' allows our free speech to go.

Dress up as an Arab, buy a plastic toy AK47, and jump in front of his car waving the thing. I'll bet you scare the shit outa him.

And you'll find out what its like to REALLY get fragged..
Go on..be famous for a day ;)

Some wag suggested giving [the president] a chocolate revolver and cos he's so busy you'd have to run up to him really quickly to give it to him...Jack Handy?

Lo grizz :!ola:

ive called a policeman a wanker and spent a night in the cells for it then got released the next day after id sobered up ... even tho i wasnt that drunk he was just pushing us around after the pub shut.
so id guess you will prolly get arrested for some disorder crap and released without charge .. unless theres huge group then your a demonstration and you can shout things that get ignored .. best bet is do what that woman did to tony blair and walk up all nice and say ...."can you explain why my husband died due to hostpital waiting lists getting longer .. his operation bieng cancelled 3 times and you made a speach two days agao pronaouncing hostpital waiting times had fallen?" .. while on camera... Old Tone had to explain himself there and then on camera ...

You won't be able to get anywhere near him anyway. I'm sure the security will be beefed up to massive levels with the amount of demonstrating there will be going on.

Rich said:
.. unless theres huge group then your a demonstration and you can shout things that get ignored
As long as the group is less than .... 7? (cant remember the exact number) but if you have more than 7 you can be arrested, unless you have agreed it beforehand with the police.

"Breach of the peace" seems to be a catchall, you are annoying us, lets get them out of the way for a bit kinda offence.

There are likely to be "official" demonstrations going though, or are you just wanting to get a little more personal?

grizz said:
quick question, primarily aimed at thuring as i suspect hes the only one who'll know the / an answer....

just interested to know if there is any definition of public disorder beyond which the rozzers will jump on you. to give a context, myself and several others are contemplating trying to make our views known when Bush visits the UK. now obviously throwing bricks would get you busted, and none of us are that stupid anyway. throwing tomatoes or eggs whilst essentially harmless would prolly get you busted as well. but could you be done for shouting 'you fucking murdering wanker' at the top of ones voice?

just interested, pls note this topic isnt proposing a debate whether this is a righteous thing to do, but just how far 'the man' allows our free speech to go.

Throw anything, and you'll get done. Touch/hit anyone, and technically its assault.

Words...depends when and where you say them.

http://www.hmso.gov.uk/acts/acts1998/19980042.htm - this protects your right to freedom of speech/expression in the UK. Bear in mind that the Human rights act simply implements and confirms your rights under the European Convention on Human Rights. In other words, trying to take your rights to court might mean a 20 year battle working your way up to the ECHR.

England has a load of funny old common law stuff like "Causing Distress to the Lieges" and shit too. Basically, I don't think anyone would really harass you too much for yelling stuff at Bush. :D

Surprisingly, myself and some others from the locality are intending to use the same vocabulary! And, whats more, aim it at the same person! Go figure! mebbe we shall meet there Grizz or perhaps in the cells/riot van/casualty after he makes his address;)

Don't turn up - the best way to make him appreciate the respect he commands is to completely ignore him :P Btw there is no way to be in a street without a policeman being able to accuse you of something.

:(

a] Bush is fool
b] Iraq War was good (so says my Iraqi friends in Iraq)
c] Assuming the hype of the visit, and the US-UK relations atm, you'd probably
spend the night in the cell for looking at Bush the wrong way, never mind
shouting at him. And that's assuming you get close enough to him.

I assume there is something to achieve with calling him a *(&*(&*(&$#
Calling him that will prolly get you busted and wont impress anybody since that piece of human waste prolly hears it everyday.
Maybe you could think up something a bit more innocent but still get the point across?

ProPain said:
I assume there is something to achieve with calling him a *(&*(&*(&$#
Calling him that will prolly get you busted and wont impress anybody since that piece of human waste prolly hears it everyday.
Maybe you could think up something a bit more innocent but still get the point across?

yeah good point i suppose....

{24}Useless said:
Don't turn up - the best way to make him appreciate the respect he commands is to completely ignore him

thats a good point too, although surely this could be interpreted by 'the man' as apathy, which is imo exactly what he wants.

not trying to impress anyone, or stupid enough to think its gonna make any difference, but i really dont think doing nowt is any better.

Thuringwethil said:
Basically, I don't think anyone would really harass you too much for yelling stuff at Bush.
you wouldnt just say that so you could laugh at me on the news would you?

I don't know of the laws in england, I have however seen how us presidential visits are usually conducted, and chances are if you are in a demonstration you will be at least 3 miles away from the president under massive police cover, while if you get anywhere close, say with 500m of the president, there will be so much security about you are likely to be arrested for simply looking like someone who might not think that the Bush brand of genes is not the greatest thing that was bestowed on this earth.

But hey I am just a cynical twat!

Go shout your lungs out, whereever you will be allowed to do so, cuz doing nothing is most definetely worse. At least someone will else will hear you, and if even a few listens, you've come that far.

:)

Why not stop buying American goods if it bothers you that much :)?
But whatever you do dont fall out with Hu Jintao as boycotting his goods would mean you couldnt buy much!!

Bush did what needed to be done shame some of you cant see that i ( personally ) hate america but the "act" that was done was fine by me infact they went FAR too easy they need to do a hell of alot more to these sort of countries.

Bush did what needed to be done shame some of you cant see that i ( personally ) hate america but the "act" that was done was fine by me infact they went FAR too easy they need to do a hell of alot more to these sort of countries.

What u say is imo just an expression like, "within the frames of my rasistical views i ragard Bush:s actions as to soft, and bringing hell to those inferior ppl, with their inferior race, inferior culture, inferior economy and inferior religion is the least he SHOULD have done, in fact thats what i would have wanted them to DO with THOSE ppl".

BUT if thats exactly what you didnt mean to insinuate please say so, and explain really why and how Bush should "treat" those countries?

Arnet

Last edited: