TV OUT

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

grizz

Drugstore Cowboy
Jun 8, 2001
in the trees!
an old question i know, but ive stupidly never paid attention before. i have a geforce 3 ti500 DVI with an s-video TV out. ive taken an s-video lead from here to the s-video in on my TV, and using the nvidia software switched it to TV output. it works, but the picture is feckin awful :(

anyone have any idea why this might be, or what else i should try?

would ideally also like to know if its possible to display on the monitor and TV at the same time, although im guessing the answer to that is gonna be no....

any help or advice much appreciated :)

grizz said:
an old question i know, but ive stupidly never paid attention before. i have a geforce 3 ti500 DVI with an s-video TV out. ive taken an s-video lead from here to the s-video in on my TV, and using the nvidia software switched it to TV output. it works, but the picture is feckin awful :(

anyone have any idea why this might be, or what else i should try?

would ideally also like to know if its possible to display on the monitor and TV at the same time, although im guessing the answer to that is gonna be no....

any help or advice much appreciated :)

thers a few things that you can try .. i found using a SCART connecter and plugging the svideo out into the scart gave a better picture than thru my tv's svideo in socket . also ther latest nvidia drivers see there svidoe out as a second monitor (or it does on mine)
are you transmitting the right type of signal PAL-M i think it is at 60hz
not 100% about that but you should be able to find out from a quick google

pls don't tell me ur expecting computer monitor details, refresh rates and colors, cuz it aint gonna fly, tv is lo res shit... so if ur were, that might have disappointed you...

another thing to check is obviously the lead, else, what rich said :D

nah wasnt expecting it to look like a monitor, but was expecting something that looked half way decent!

cheers for the advice rich will give it go :D