arnie made it

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

tbh i am not a big fan of celebrities becoming politicians.
but i also hate the fact that we are judging him even before he took office.
california is a big mess atm, and this man promised changes.

when a country or a state is in total shambles it is very common for people to vote for a person/party with a completely different approach. So let's just see what he can do and then judge him.

fuck you and your sound logical reasoning! I judged him when I saw Red Sonja, and the sheer agony it was to watch that movie, can not be forgotten, he is evil I tell you, pure evil...

Dog said:
Yeh sure ice, and they will spent that money on california too, cuz they are generous souls, which is how they became that rich in the first place :rolleyes:

much money = good relations to some important people. that might help ;) i belive in people's good side until the opposite is proven, i say give him a chance :)

and he's not just a politician, he really got the people's support. so i think if he engages a law the people might just stfu instead of moaning about it. just a guess though ;)

Spirit said:
So how about you discuss the subject without making it personal grizz, as you are the first one here to make and off topic, personal comment, not me.

you lie like a cheap watch.

wanted to make an ignorant unqualified comment but but lets see how he performs. if what thur says is true, its not surprising that he got elected seeing who the option were. dunno the guy whom sauron mentioned though. prolly doesnt require much of a man to recover the state with an economically strong background that the US are certainly. so arnie is just a very good actor as it is, candidating in the right moment when it was certain to be elected, spending much time in the publicity and smiling very widely, with an easy task to do. as thur said californians wouldve voted anybody else gray davis, so who was most celebrity was certain to be elceted innit?

ive also heard that right wing stories and seeing hes in the same party as bush is he might aswell soon be equally 'liked' :) or bush manipulated votes to show a celebrity in governemnt to cover his evil face behind the admiration that arnie gets

sobo said:
ive also heard that right wing stories and seeing hes in the same party as bush is he might aswell soon be equally 'liked' :) or bush manipulated votes to show a celebrity in governemnt to cover his evil face behind the admiration that arnie gets
He seems to be more liberal, supporting womens right to choose and so on, which is unusual in a republican.

He has as much right as anyone else to try, he won, let him stand on his success or failure. Time will show if he is as bad as the previous guy, or GWB.

I think Arnie will gather enough advisors and non-retards around him to be a better govenour than that last guy. don't forget that even though he's a badass "action hero" with an accent, he does actually have the will and sympathy to be a good govenour, maybe he does not have the political background.. but quitting everything else ("acting" etc) just to work as a govenour proves that he wants to change something over there.
he might not be a good politician, but his advisors can still make him look like one.

Menace said:
he does actually have the will and sympathy to be a good govenour

not being funny, just asking how you can know that?

Menace said:
but quitting everything else ("acting" etc) just to work as a govenour proves that he wants to change something over there.
he might not be a good politician, but his advisors can still make him look like one.

or maybe it just proves that hes accepted he cant achieve the attention / payback on movies anymore, as his last few have all been virtually ignored (with exception of T3, which i havnt seen, so wont comment on).

i accept what ppl are saying about giving him a chance before commenting as being a fair point. i suppose hes just a figurehead really, so at the end of the day doesnt really matter who he is. within our lifetimes expect to see a virtual or cartoon character as governer of texas...

Mind u i dont think it helps when challenged about drug taking, Hitler admiration & lewd conduct towards women he says stuff like `I was only joking' or `I cant remember'. I personally couldnt give a toss what hes done in the past (within reason) but what i do like to see in a politician is honesty...and Arnie has failed the test already imo.

eh griz he's 60 years old ever thought about the possibility that he doesn't want to make action movies or movies at all anymore? maybe he's just aiming for something new?

Ice said:
eh griz he's 60 years old ever thought about the possibility that he doesn't want to make action movies or movies at all anymore? maybe he's just aiming for something new?

maybe yes. but why not try landscape gardening or dolphin training then?