arnie made it

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Sauron

{o_O}
Sep 29, 2001
Switzerland
once again an actor/entertainer made it into a top position in american politics after reagan as president, that former wwf wrestler as governor, dunno the name anymore, charlton heston as the president of the most powerfull lobby in the USA and so on

i personally find this concerning because it shows that to the american people is more important then political content, which is why the election campaigns are only show and not political programms
of course this fact isnt new, but imo its remarkable that arnie still beat the 2nd ranked by around a million votes even tho he was accused of groping masses of women, sympathising with nazi ideology and so on and so forth

only one of those accusations in a much smaller scale than in arnies case and a politician in europ wud have been kicked out of his party immediateley

where does this lead, the strongest military force in the world in the hands of hollywood? the industry of illusion and realism escape holding the power? or am i seeing this too negative?

what are your opinions

Actually, I had to laugh that he was elected.
And it's not typical of America either...it happens all over the world.

I'm not that concerned either...as for the women & Nazi stuff...we I guess that everyone has got some skeletons in the closet, just waiting to be dug up. I believe the women stuff..but Nazi sympaties..I dunno..Lets just hope not.

Actually he said he admired Hitler for his career move from a poor courier boy to the leader of a country. He never said he admired his ideologies or the things that he done afaik.

I think before you can criticise an entertainer in politics you have to criticise politicians and their entertainment. 90% of politicians are no better at the job than Arnie would be, and that's not meant as a compliment to Arnie. Most politicians are ego and megalomaniacs who care more about feeling that they're better than others and with sniping their opponents than about the responsibility of serving the people they are supposed to represent.

As for groping woman I think we'd have better politics if people didn't give a damn about a person's life experiences and more about what they're tryng to accomplish. A lot of good politicians (if there are such a thing) are kicked out from their position of being able to do any good because of an opponents sniping at their past and private lives.

Vote Arnie! :P

My opinion tho, I don't think growing up in a flashy Hollywood enviroment gives a person enough perspective or grounding to know much about politics.

Right, arnie gov, wtf? is this yet a really bad hollywood soap or what? Seriously, when you elect a attention whore, megalomanic, eating disorderly, entertainer to come clean up a economic disaster, you surely have lost focus?

Its tragically comic and comments like, you shouldn't judge a man on his past just goes to show what a shallow world we live, shouldn't it matter that the guy has problems understanding a one syllable word; "No", when you put him in charge of the worlds 6th largest economy? Not to mention he's a right wing conservative idiot, what california need is definetely not a guy with his head stuck up in 20th century ideologies... Mind you, he does make a very compelling couple of idiocy with everyones fav dim politician George Dubya.

That he's been able to build a acting career in the first place is beyond me tbh, the guy is a horrible actor, his english haven't improved sigficantly since Conan The Librarian and he's got the facial expressions of a dead cod... But I guess thats Hollywood init, they needed a big dumb grunt, and found one.

In the end though, I doubt it will make very much difference. Politics today are so decided by corperate interrests that in the end, whichever delegate win only serves to decide which lingo the salepitches are written in.

Congratulations California.

Personly i think the usa has a policy on who runs for goverment slots. They find some dumb arse and then work the strings from behind curtains. hmm maybe thats why we got tony you can hide loads of strings behind that smile.

I find it staggering yet terrifying at the same time. It just goes to show the power of stardom over brains in the US. This guy has no political background whatsoever and in 2 months has gained control of 1 of the Worlds largest economies. The stains on his character did absolutely nothing to put off the voters....and thats the bit that worries me the most. `Celebrity' appears to conquer all :\

Alf Roberts said:
I find it staggering yet terrifying at the same time. It just goes to show the power of stardom over brains in the US. This guy has no political background whatsoever and in 2 months has gained control of 1 of the Worlds largest economies. The stains on his character did absolutely nothing to put off the voters....and thats the bit that worries me the most. `Celebrity' appears to conquer all :\

Why pick on arnie? I mean, given the fact that the former Governor Gray Davis was monumentally corrupt, had run the economy into the ground, ran smear campaigns against any and all opponents, had delivered none of what he had promised and hence the voters were totally sick of him, the voters of california would probably have voted a donkey in if one had run for the position.

Goes without saying that GD was a two bit, lying, no-good democrat! :D

Dog said:
Not to mention he's a right wing conservative idiot, what california need is definetely not a guy with his head stuck up in 20th century ideologies...

I can see you havn't even bothered to do even the most basic research into the policies he is proposing.

Just goes to show how you are basing your opinion on hearsay, knee-jerk reactions and ignorance, as opposed to fact.

Glad you didn't run for the post Dog...

:p:

they would have probably voted for a donkey but cud have voted for cruz bustamante which would most likely be the better governor than arnie

Thuringwethil said:
Why pick on arnie? I mean, given the fact that the former Governor Gray Davis was monumentally corrupt, had run the economy into the ground, ran smear campaigns against any and all opponents, had delivered none of what he had promised and hence the voters were totally sick of him, the voters of california would probably have voted a donkey in if one had run for the position.

Goes without saying that GD was a two bit, lying, no-good democrat! :D
Pls highlight for me where i said Gray Davis was any good.

I look forward to ur reply.

Also i think ull find i wasnt directly attacking Arnie...more the system that allows some1 like him to obtain office.

Last edited:
Alf Roberts said:
Also i think ull find i wasnt directly attacking Arnie...

Alf Roberts said:
the guy has problems understanding a one syllable word; "No", when you put him in charge of the worlds 6th largest economy? Not to mention he's a right wing conservative idiot, what california need is definetely not a guy with his head stuck up in 20th century ideologies... Mind you, he does make a very compelling couple of idiocy with everyones fav dim politician George Dubya.

That he's been able to build a acting career in the first place is beyond me tbh, the guy is a horrible actor, his english haven't improved sigficantly since Conan The Librarian and he's got the facial expressions of a dead cod... But I guess thats Hollywood init, they needed a big dumb grunt, and found one.

Wow, that's the most vicious non-attack I've ever seen :rolleyes: :D

:rofl: sorry me bad :D

too used to reading the mistakes in Alf's posts I'm seeing them everywhere now :eek:

Last edited:
on topic:

Dog said:
Its tragically comic...... Congratulations California.

sums up my feelings on the subject perfectly.

off topic (sort of):

spirit, you trying to get back in that hole again? discuss the subject without making it personal and it would be so much nicer in here. your quote allegedly from alf wasnt even from alf! ur showing way too many cards there mate...

Go Arnie!!! :nono:
He has got as much right as anybody to be governor imo.
He knows no more or less about people than the majority of politicians.
Just proves that that there are some very dumb Americans.

1. i think he becoming governeur might wake up young people's interest in politics, thats not unimportant

2. he and the people he got to help him got what it needs to help california - money

imho

Yeh sure ice, and they will spent that money on california too, cuz they are generous souls, which is how they became that rich in the first place :rolleyes:

grizz said:
spirit, you trying to get back in that hole again? discuss the subject without making it personal and it would be so much nicer in here. your quote allegedly from alf wasnt even from alf! ur showing way too many cards there mate...

What hole would that be grizz? can't say I've been in one recently myself, can't speak for you tho. It's pretty obvious from my second post that I made a mistake in assuming dog's post was by Alf, and I recognised that fact as soon as I realised my mistake. Quite what you feel you can achieve by posting irrelevant bollox like that is beyond me.

Regardless, even if my post had been correct it would of been on topic as it would be pointing out a contradiction in Alf's arguement (a contradiction which wasn't there as it was my mistake reading the posts wrong).

So how about you discuss the subject without making it personal grizz, as you are the first one here to make and off topic, personal comment, not me.

If Arnie Screws it and gets fired!, in his final speech his last words will probably be... ILL BE BACK! :D