ping simulator?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Bart

Mister Mediocre
Jan 10, 2002
Germany
Is there some kind of ping simulator, where you can add delay to offline-games? So you can train or try how to play with worst pings.

(Can't imagine that there is such a mutator or mod available)

thx

open a dedicated server to your wishes.
execute:

<PATH>\system\unrealtournament.exe <YOUR LAN IP WITH PORT>?Pktlag=<DESIRED PING>

ut will load and conenct to your own dedicated server as guest with the additional ping you specified.

sobo said:
open a dedicated server to your wishes.
execute:

<PATH>\system\unrealtournament.exe <YOUR LAN IP WITH PORT>?Pktlag=<DESIRED PING>

ut will load and conenct to your own dedicated server as guest with the additional ping you specified.

First off all: Is der "Tag der deutschen Einheit" net schön? :beer:

Now back to ur hint:
I started a dedicated Server. Then i made a Shortcut(Verknüpfung) with
target:
"G: \UnrealTournament\System\UnrealTournament.exe 111.111.111.11:7777 Pktlag=120" (Dunno waht port i'm but i add 7777).
After that, i started UT with that ShortCut, but i cant enter game. At the Dedicated Server Icon(in the Systray near clock) stand: "As-Ballistic(1 Player)".
When i use that Shorcut again then there stand "AS-Ballistic (2 Players)". So i'm somehow in the match but i cant enter it.
Any ideas or what was my failure?

Last edited:
Try running a dedicated server using UCC, from the command line, place on your ut/system folder and type:

UCC server AS-Ballistic.unr?game=leagueas135.leagueassault?mutator=

Don't close the cmd session, it would close the server. Open a new cmd and join your server:

unrealtournament.exe xx.xx.xx.xx:7777?pktlag=120

xx.xx.xx.xx=your local IP

If you still can't join the server my guess is you are typing a wrong IP address. Are you sure you are using the right one? Go to cmd again and type:

ipconfig /all

for Win2k/XP, or

winipcfg

For Win98.

If you chose to advertise the server you can also check the server's IP on UT browser.

this has been posted before and now all people use it to make themselves lag a bit... is there a way for league as to stop it working online?

ok Sobo's hint work now.
The problem was, that i started a multiplayer match with password :teehee:.
Unfortunally the password-window didn't come so i cant enter one and that was the reason why it didnt work.

Thx to Psy and sobo.

the "simlatency" and "simpackloss" properties in the UT ini are an easier way to do it surely?

None of them work lol... or I can't make them work.

@Ice: If you join a server increasing your ping with pktlag it will stay like that until you restart UT. It's not something you can enable/disable with a bind so I doubt very much it's being used to lag on convenient moments.

i mean people simulate PL of 1-2% to be laggy in general. many people do it, or do you believe that someone with 50 ping has 1-3 packetloss? ;)

and since its only outgoing PL it doesnt affect your aim at all, you can even set it to ~10 and still play fine from your side, but others see you lag like hell...

Ice said:
i mean people simulate PL of 1-2% to be laggy in general. many people do it, or do you believe that someone with 50 ping has 1-3 packetloss?
I had 45 ping and anything from 0-40% packloss on server 6 vs ADC :rolleyes:

there's some obvious server issues, but i hope even you get the point... on a fine server nobody with a very good connection would lag and have constant packet loss. believe me, quie alot of people use it...

Ice said:
i mean people simulate PL of 1-2% to be laggy in general. many people do it, or do you believe that someone with 50 ping has 1-3 packetloss? ;)

and since its only outgoing PL it doesnt affect your aim at all, you can even set it to ~10 and still play fine from your side, but others see you lag like hell...
my is always between 40-70 and atm i ihave over 10% pl :/

Humph said:
I had 45 ping and anything from 0-40% packloss on server 6 vs ADC :rolleyes:
yeah, that's why aor won, we can't shoot ya, (s)lagsliders :teehee:.

Anyway, i think lagsliders aren't so a big problem atm....except AoR ;).