Avraham Burg

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

dog

Make the pie higher!!!
Jun 8, 2001
2ft. infront of you
Former leader of Knesset(Israeli parlament) has written this editorial, that has been published in The Forward(NY newspaper) and the International Herald Tribune, among others. He is making a lot more sense than most israeli politicians these days, and paints a scary yet realistisc picture of the situation right now in Israel / the middle east... good reading!!

http://www.forward.com/issues/2003/03.08.29/oped3.html

Good piece.

`Israel, having ceased to care about the children of the Palestinians, should not be surprised when they come washed in hatred and blow themselves up in the centers of Israeli escapism'

yeah excellent article, if only everyone in that region (and outside for that matter) could see with such clarity.

What I am thinking is maybe a bit cynical, but this might be a piece in a starting campaign from Mr. Buirg for the coming elections, mind you, almost everyone would be a improvement to sharron

Ariel Ultra - Cleans whiter than ever - Almost as effective as zyclon B ;)

quite possibly, but if his true convictions mirror even half of what comes across in that article, then it would be forgivable imo!

as you imply it couldnt really get much worse....

what scares me is that sharon is considered a center right politician in israel:scared:

For a nation that suffered the holocaust, I reckon the Israelis behaviour now is unforgiveable. What they are doing to Arabs now is not so different than what the Germans did to them. The imposition of an ideology. The use of force and terrorism to secure it. The fear of not being a nation. Stuff that!

But the Arabs have a lot to answer for. They have failed to get a grip on their own future. The Israelis did the same before 1948 when Israel came into existence. The bombing and terrorism must stop if they are to get wider sympathy.

The unfortunate thing is that children suffer. As for the rest...who really cares?

Well in the end, we all have to care, the ongoing instability and the levels of extremism growing and thriving in the middle east, the fascistic tendencies and the religious fanatism is a threat to us all, and will continue to be so, as long as the injustice and failure to empathize with the opponents prevails. Terroism can not be justified, the mutilation of children and innocent is never to be excused, not in the name of any god or ideology, but that does not mean the reactions aren't understandable or in its nature extremely human... If you look at the historic aspects, and you have to, to grasp but just a little of the conflicts, it should be evident to any thinking creature, that huge mistakes have been carried out, we should learn from this, tho sadly in these days it seems we have not...

If you truely want a more peacefull world, you are not gonna gain that with physical might, only by leveling the differences in financial wealth, social conditions and human rights can you ever hope to achieve stability, and perhaps not even then, because territorial wars seems a innate part of the human social nature, the hope must be that our level of selfawarenes is high enough to supress this, but sometimes you have to wonder....

Last edited:
"but this might be a piece in a starting campaign from Mr. Buirg for the coming elections"

i was going to say that but i kept shtum as i didnt want to be jumped on etc
but i think that is the case in all honesty, i also mirror what Grizz said that if even half of what he wrote he belives in, then that is still an improvment.

Well if it is a starting block for a concerted election campaign he needs to get US support...or more importantly should i say Jewish US support...and seeing as he sounds like a dove and theyre all hawks i unfortunately cant see it happening.

But i agree with the sentiments of others here...Sharon should be up on fucking war crimes charges for the atrocities of Sabra & Shantila at least, not running a country with enough nuclear & biological weapons to kill half the Worlds population. Weapons that theyre not supposed to have i might add.

any comment i wanna make seems weak and anything which comes close would just get deleted.:\

imo the way i read this article its

"The Zionist revolution has always rested on two pillars: a just path and an ethical leadership. Neither of these is operative any longer. The Israeli nation today rests on a scaffolding of corruption, and on foundations of oppression and injustice. As such, the end of the Zionist enterprise is already on our doorstep."

ie. the failure of the foundation on which Israel was build, ie. the zionism, in the opinion of Mr. Burg

the zionism which was formed in eastern europe in the 1880´s is primary today an political movement working for a jewish state, and their arguements for having the former palestina is, that the jews in themselvs is a nation which should have a country.

In the light of the 2 worldwar and the antisemitism - therefor having bad consience towards the jews- in november 1947 FN divided Palestina into a jewish/arabic state and in may 1948 Israel was proklamet beeing a jewish state. By doing so FN was a part of sending thousands of palestinian ppl to no-man-land.

imo. zionism has never been build on -as Mr. Burg says, -"a just path and an ethical leadership". The goal of zionisme has never in reality been to gather the jews in an Israelian state, but in reality a powersource which -in allience with the plutocrats- has a goal of strenghing and effectly controlling all aspect of political, intellectual, religious and cultural life....backed up by rich countries.

In 1975 the FN condemned zionism as beeing racial diskrimination and a suppression of the palestinian people.

imo the foundation of which Mr. Burg writes is therefor not about -"a just path and an ethical leadership".

anyways its a great article. And what it all boils down to is imo. that the only way that war will end is that FN makes an excuse for beeing a part of sending the palestinian people out of their conytry in 1947, so should Israel, and then let the people move back to where they come from. They will never succeed in keeping Israel a state just for jews, and the worldsociety should strongly condemn that Israel still is allowed to do whatever they please..not in the light of zionisme..but in the light of what was done to them during 2 worldwar.