AS-Snowdunes

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

:mosher: (made this post cus i need to copy paste the mosher thingy and i figured this thread would serv well to post one :P)

Well so wenzit coming into the league or up for a vote or whatever? Want new maps new maps new maps...

Btw I know this has been asked before but wtf does that button do on the second floor? The one above the one that opens the low grav tower.

{24}Useless said:
Well so wenzit coming into the league or up for a vote or whatever? Want new maps new maps new maps...

Btw I know this has been asked before but wtf does that button do on the second floor? The one above the one that opens the low grav tower.

it turns off the laser beams at the landing bay so u can launch up there and get the 2 energy cells ;)

Muttley said:
it turns off the laser beams at the landing bay so u can launch up there and get the 2 energy cells ;)

Yeah I noticed myself dying @ the top there after doing a double (1 hammerjump, 1 boost)..... :)

We installed the map on the 24 server then it took us 10 mins to dload two files that didn't come in the fuckin zip, then it says version mismatch. Wtf???

not psy's fault, if there's a mistake it's mine but i can't imagine there is?

what files?

edit: afaik you only need snowdunes.utx? if there are other files needed they'll be from one of the bonuspacks?

Last edited:
Er it was a while ago now but lemme think...might have been SSMetal something and something with Snow in it lol. Not very helpful that is it? But one was about 6MB and te other was about 4MB.

SSMetal and snow.utx where both needed for the old AS-SnowdunesPublicBeta, both UTX have been integrated in "Snowdunes.utx" which afaik is the only one left required to run the final version of snowdunes

Well the 2 files were: SSMetal.utx and NightshadesSN.utx.

Both files were sent by server and after download there was a mismatch error.

I got map from Spy's sig btw and it contained only snowdunes map and utx.

Dunno why we got mismatch fs I do like that map and would love to have it on {24} server.

Files on my sig are correct. If you installed those on your server, the problem is on your clients.
My guess is you got from a friend an old beta Muttley never "released". SnowdunesREADY or SnowdunesTEST.
It used a different snowdunes.utx file.

Just install the proper snowdunes.utx now :)

jwer_NL said:
afaik those two aren't even needed to run the final version?

if the servers trying to d/l nightshades and snow then your trying to run the wrong version of the map. I only used textures from snowdunes.utx in the final release.

Maybe delete the beta maps of snowdunes on your server and start again?