1st attempt at a dm map

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Muttley

Sep 11, 2001
England
http://uk.geocities.com/richardc1981/dm1.zip

u have to copy paste the link into your browser for it to work.

Is my scaling getting any better or is it still s**t? I like the bit with the 2 stair cases but other than that the maps quite fun but a bit :gay:

Rob could u critique the scaling a bit for me pls? I havent merged polys on a few brushes and texturing/lighting isnt that great but ive only spent 2 afternoons and a day on it and i want to start mi next one :P

Pretty nice. I keep finding bits I haven't seen before and the underwater keg catacomb thing is cool. Map needs a bit more detail but I think you probably know that. And could do with some spam weapon at the top of that double lift thing - slime would be cool :P And in that red curvy corridor you should put something - maybe some trap or summat to break it up.

It reminds me a bit of Agony (I think it's called that) on the lower floors and Unreality on the upper floors. Anyway with more detail the map will be a typical DM map really - nothing special to play but still plays pretty nicely ;)

{24}Useless said:
Pretty nice. I keep finding bits I haven't seen before and the underwater keg catacomb thing is cool. Map needs a bit more detail but I think you probably know that. And could do with some spam weapon at the top of that double lift thing - slime would be cool :P And in that red curvy corridor you should put something - maybe some trap or summat to break it up.

It reminds me a bit of Agony (I think it's called that) on the lower floors and Unreality on the upper floors. Anyway with more detail the map will be a typical DM map really - nothing special to play but still plays pretty nicely ;)

there is a slime at the top of the double lift with 2 ammo packs :P

theres an sb in the red corridor bit, spam weapons at the top are flak and shock... i thought they were spam weaps :P im just trying to concentrate on scaling really mate cos my maps are normally too cramped or way too big....next dm map will b better ;) ta for feedback :)

Ok had a look and i think it is really great as a dm map infact i would'nt mind playing this map in dm league's/cups looks really nice to play and the map is amazing to look at ;o

would say the scaling is perfect ? the lifts come up a little too fast however

Lol sorry I clearly missed the slime :P Forgot to say yeah the map does look pretty - would be even prettier with more detail but as it is the colours are nice and thank god none of those minging industrial textures :bananna:

jwer_NL said:
some sort of assault without objectives :o

it sucks though

aye but its a hell of alot easier to map for, assault gives me a headache cos you have to take into account 1 man hammer launching, 2 man hammer launching, rocket launching, no launching, multiple attackers, one man attacker(i.e. one bloke goin it alone), obj placements, obj types etc etc AAARGHHH!!

that map took no time at all to make so i'll do a couple more dm maps then attempt monkey again, ive had some more ideas since last time i was workin on it...

I made a DM map once...
it was basically an extracted cube... about 2024x2024x512
with sum weapons in it... bots didn't have to be pathed or anything... just add a lightbulb on the top and the map was done... it was good. :p:

the only map I ever finished btw

good map looks ok and scaling fits imo, as does texturing. though i think in some parts its too narrow for my taste (like grinder, turbine or gothic if you know any of these). the more open 'rooms' are nicer to pay in but the corridors are sort of "rush through and be happy if you reach the next room". the upper level of this map is much better in this regard.

on the other hand still this is one of the most open DM maps. :P plenty of em are much narrower so for DM-play scaling is fine.

Nice brushes, good layout = nice flow, good idea on the keg pool, very nice lighting.
Dunno what u had in mind with playercount but ammo seems to run out with 6 players.
1 brush on red corridor dont like me, i seem to get cauch on it every time :D
Very good map imo and it sure dont need more detail, looks just great :thumb:

Now get back to as-maps :P