TI4200 question

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

ProPain

Contents under Pressure
Oct 10, 2001
Stockholm
I got a point of view ti4200 with 128mb of memory
Tbh i find it strange that in the properties of the card
it says that the location is PCI, device 0, function 0
I could swear that i rammed my AGP in the AGP slot and that it works so i was kinda amazed by this.

Since I had this GFX card i always get that on long distances and sniping in the water the aim would be several cm's off. I would have to aim above people's heads to snipe em which i didn't do with my old gforce 2

Also I used to have close to 10000 in 3dmark2001se and now i get a 8836.

Any help with this is much appreciated !

it says that the location is PCI, device 0, function 0

That IS the AGP slot :lol:

Since I had this GFX card i always get that on long distances and sniping in the water the aim would be several cm's off

Alot fo people have that 'bug' i believe

Also I used to have close to 10000 in 3dmark2001se and now i get a 8836.

You wouldnt have anywhere near 10,000 3DMarks on a GF2. No way.

Pro i had the same problem with my card. My comp thought it was in a PCI slot or summit rather than the AGP.

Jarse and MYM helped me out by suggesting mobo drivers and bios thing. This did the trick for me.

i reinstalled all my mobo drivers
now i got a score of 10886
still the problem is not resolved, it still says it is a pci device.

and still a big difference between where i shoot and where the crosshair is.especially in the water where i can shoot somebody in the head point blanc 3 times in a row and not even hit a single shot.still get those i am 2 inches next to the person and got a headshot things, which imo aint lag cos i have this on all servers even servers where i average 60 f6.

Originally posted by ProPain

Since I had this GFX card i always get that on long distances and sniping in the water the aim would be several cm's off. I would have to aim above people's heads to snipe em which i didn't do with my old gforce 2

this is prolly just when ur looking up or down - think its part of the game, altho it only happens with sniper

if u go try it, look straight down and fire, then crouch and do the same, youll notice the shots hit in different places, same applies when shooting upwards

still the problem is not resolved, it still says it is a pci device.

*sigh*

AGP is PCI device 0

You will NEVER get it to say 'AGP', because windows will never say that. That doesnt mean it isnt an AGP device tho.

Mine says PCI too, if everyone here checked they would all say PCI too.

:p:

Re: Re: TI4200 question

Originally posted by Uzi-Suicide
this is prolly just when ur looking up or down - think its part of the game, altho it only happens with sniper

if u go try it, look straight down and fire, then crouch and do the same, youll notice the shots hit in different places, same applies when shooting upwards

yupz saw that to.. fireing at the ceiling of rook ( inside )

Attachments

• shot0001.jpg
    shot0001.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 121
my brother has a point of view ti4200 to...but my gf2 GTS...even preforms better that the ti4200... the ofthen is shakey and it sux for sniping.. it doesnt feel as stable as the gf2 that i play on...

I got the same card Gf4200 ti as PP and same motherboard also the same problems.
Online UT doesn't look stable it seems that he miss some frames..

Changed cards with D-Almighty( my bro ) got now a gforce 2 pro 64mb and got he gforce 4200 ti.
UT is running fine with the gforce 2 pro, so i think i gonna throw my gforce 4200 ti out of window and gonna buy ati readon :P

oh 1 more thing
dodging sucks really with the gforce 4200 ti.
if I dodge i feels like a litlle lag, doesn't go smooth but with a delay.

err dunno about the sniping thing cept uzi is right if u crouch its more accurate... but how can a video card effect how u dodge ?

Originally posted by Paa`
but how can a video card effect how u dodge ?

well it feels like i miss out on on some frames when i'm in the middle of the dodge... so it's not a smooth movement....

ingame the vision seems shakey...just not smooth... if i dont use vsync ( framerate not limited to Refresh rate ) it's horrible.. the image starts shaking all over the place..

dunno if any 1 with a Ti4200 ( and a smooth running ut ) could post his unrealtournament.ini settings ( and redeners? ) for d3d..

tryed OpenGl.. ( i'm not a openGL nobber.. tryed different renders.. all types of custom settiings but still doesnt feel great for me ) even tryed paa's settings but they don't provide great preformance for me either..

Last edited:
i got a gf4ti4200 as well.. 128mb version from pixelview.. nps here except for my cpu i guess

i didnt really tweak it good enuff but i'll post my d3d settings even tho i think it's more a driver/hardware problem then ut ini...

cant u get a diff ti4200 from some1 to try out ?

btw i pld with opengl for a while.. yes i had a few fps more but didnt play nicely for me compared to d3d..