UTA comic relief fund

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

How many of the famous people who participate in Comic Relief would get themselves a cheaper car so to fund a school in Africa for a year? :rolleyes:

Comic Relief is about the average Joe doing their best to raise money for a worthy cause which shouldn't even need rectifying - it shouldn't exist in the first place.

The point comic relief makes is that even people who can't contribute enough can make a difference when it is combined together. I remember a quote from a Religion class where i actually paid attention one day, a man earns £2000 a week, and gives £100 to charity every week, an old woman gets £45 pension every week and puts her last £10 in the charity box.. who is the better person? That's why it's a contradiction for celebrities to be the main fundraiser's for it. So yeh, basically they should be donating X amount of millions EACH. At the end of the day if we spent, i believe it was £600m on the Millenium Dome, and Comic Relief i thought got about £70m all in all last year... then theres definitely something up with that, innit?

But until those rich fookers start being more generous it's upto average people just giving what they can, so saying charity is "low" or something... :nono: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

edit: And at least with Comic Relief u r giving to a charity where you can be sure almost 100% of the money will be actually going to the causes, unlike with some of the other "big name" charities being dodgy in the past.

Last edited:
Do something more practical than preach, theres enough preachers out there...

we do :P

Phear and I donate £20 a month straight from the bank to the RSPCA - something that means alot to us. And we also organised a sponsored sky dive last year. COST us £400 or so but we raised around £500.

I've been a voluntary worker for oxfam and marie curie cancer care and done other charity stuff.

There shouldn't be a need for charity but this world sux, so there is a need. U can either burry ur head in the sand or try to do something about it.

Nothing.. :\ I tried to find a red nose, but i couldnt! how dumb lol... Will try and donate something tho, can u do it via a website?