UTA comic relief fund

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

munkZ

Jun 7, 2001
England
I gave £1 to some schoolkids holding a bucket outside uni

What did ya'll give? be interesting to see the total lol :bananna:

Gave to a few different raffles n stuff at the office. total of about £5 i think. didnt win shit though - stingy bastards lol :D

0 .. and proud :D

Cos if i want to give to charity ill give when i want to and not cos theres some organised event / ads on tv / collection box / whatever else ..

Crusader

low point??

and crusader people who donate regularly will still do their regular effort AS WELL as support these fundraising events. So looking at it like that the money they raise tonite is all in addition to that which would be raised if ppl DIDNT wave buckets in ur face and put themselves out for someone else. Don't u think that's worth it?

I've done sponsored silences, walks, runs, events and a sky dive and I'm proud of the extra money this has raised.

back to issue...

I've bought various red nose day things..... badge, nose, several sarnies.

Just watched a clip of a homeless child who can't walk cos his toes have been nibbled by rats......

don't think I've given enough :(

It's easy to pretend the world is a fine place and that charity is not worth a fuck. And I sure don't blame people for thinking like that (or something like it). But. I spent some time in Guatemala and saw children who are not only poor, homeless, uneducated and diseased and at risk from pedophiles, but worst of all was that their own police force thought they were trash and not worth a shit. Think about that. Really think. Some of the children I saw were less than 10 years old. The charity that was helping them was operated by people who didn't have a possesion to their name. It was humbling. I guess you have to see it all first hand to appreciate how necessary charity is. Sad but true. Charity is a fine thing, but best done in secret. Only then can you live with yourself.

Originally posted by Ufie
and crusader people who donate regularly will still do their regular effort AS WELL as support these fundraising events. So looking at it like that the money they raise tonite is all in addition to that which would be raised if ppl DIDNT wave buckets in ur face and put themselves out for someone else. Don't u think that's worth it?
Yea fair enuf .. that just not my view .. i aint gonna stop any1 donating anyway they want :rolleyes:

Crusader

money should stay in uk to stop kids dieing young

and sort out other stuff of good causes

fook lotto giving it to fooking opera

why dont they open a kids hospital in every town

money would be well spent

and they wounder why takings at the lotto hve dropped

4% got to operas 90% use hospitals

so have i got it wrong or what ,

no sorry it the rich get richer and the poorer get well poorer

my thought of the night

Originally posted by [ULL]REDEEMER
money should stay in uk to stop kids dieing young

Bit dodgy only saving UK kids? Why are they different from other children?

And yeah, fuck giving money to opera. I don't mind opera but if it's so fucking good, it should pay for itself. I don't see much lottery money going the way of rock music (which makes fortunes).

Originally posted by Crusader
i aint gonna stop any1 donating anyway they want :rolleyes:

Crusader

Phew...that's a relief

The starving, diseased and abused can sleep safe in their beds tonite.

Jo and I donated a tenner via the web to RND03 - any donation helps imo, even if it's a token jesture just to admit there is a problem - that would make a difference. Charity offends and anoys some people, particular charities, mainly churches and establishments which represent very little value to me, fall into that bracket - and I won't donate to them.

As long as you make a difference to someone, thats what counts. Take your pick of the charities out there if you have something to donate, and try and change something you believe is wrong or needs attention.

Do something more practical than preach, theres enough preachers out there...

... he says ...