ICQ Probs

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Crusader

Jun 8, 2001
Nottingham - UK
Hmm I know I aint got that many ppl on my icq list .. around 20-30 .. but recently no1 is online anymore .. which makes me think that there is something wrong with my icq as theres a few 24/7 idlers on my list who are always around.

Is this icq's subtle way of forcing me to upgrade from my bugfree and ad-free version of 2000b or is it something simpler like a corrupt file?

Crusader

bugfree and ad-free version of 2000b

nope im still on 2000b and i got 300 on my list of which 54 are online ..

so you ether got a problem or your very unpopular and everyone is invisable ;)

i just sent you a message anyway :)

That seems very similar to a problem I have had with my new PC and ICQ (2002a, I also tried 2001b) (win2k sp3). It fires up ok, says it is connected but never shows anyone online or lets any messages through. Other PCs on the LAN have no problems. I installed ICQ lite on the same PC and that works fine :confused:

ICQ lite is ok expcept you cant (I think) send group mesages), it is definitely a jump forward in usability over ICQ 2002.

like it says on the box LITE

its the best and easiest version of icq to use and does'nt use as much resources

Sounds like a buggered icq.

Btw is anyone else limited to ~ 255 users per group? I never had any problems with more than that in icq 98 :(

Fixed .. every1s back again .. still cant believe that every1 was offline for a period of time tho ..

As for the amount of users on my icq list .. yea i used to have hundreds too when i was playing ut in a clan .. but i never talked to every1 ..

Crusader

jup once had something like that too.
you will be amazed how many contacts you add when you are match arranger.
now that i am not anymore, people stop buggin me :)

Cru u stupid cnut, ive been telling u that for over a year now.:nono:

Trillian is indeed better.

Originally posted by Hugh(_I_)Jarse
Does trillian 1.0 use the ICQ server for holding contact details yet?

don't think so. when i add a new contact i make a copy of the trillian folder, works fine aswell