that demo....

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

getting used to some things on UT2003... things that are improvements.. still some things that annoy me too much to ever buy the game i think...

the main thing i hate is the "walking motion" ....when you walk around your aim seems to wobble a bit which makes me seasick and annoys the piss outta me...

still can't get autochange weapons offline, should be easy to fix though

lightning gun is wank cause when i miss i can't see if i shot left or right from the guy...and the reloadin takes ages...

and a few more things...

i still like UT better but when you see the graphics of UT2003 you can see that it's much more advanced... the graphics and details are prolly a mapmakers dream :p:

Originally posted by jwer_NL

the main thing i hate is the "walking motion" ....when you walk around your aim seems to wobble a bit which makes me seasick and annoys the piss outta me...

Hrm so thats probably why after 1 hour of UT2k3 I have a big headache, which I didn't have after 5 hours of UT :/

Anyway the Demo rocks ! Love to kill 2 guys with only 1 lightning gun shot !

Originally posted by Butterfinger
Eh...
It looks like Quake. If I wanted Quake, I'd BUY the fookin thing.

So f00king true it looks like QuakeArena or something like that I recall I played some year ago. Then I chose UT over Q3 because I loved the engine and the taunts etc in UT.
UT2k3 out and is just like u play Quake FFS

#1 no
#2 it has a unique feel, that i would say is a hybrid UT/Q3. if you guys actually expected it to be the same thing as UT, then wtf were you thinking. play it like its any old game, not like it IS ut. everyone i've talked ot thats given it a fair and honest chance and continued ot play it has liked it more and more.

Someone else have the feeling that the weapons are really NOT leveled. Takes ages to kill someone except with the sniper and rox. All u need is rox and u own.

#2 it has a unique feel, that i would say is a hybrid UT/Q3. if you guys actually expected it to be the same thing as UT, then wtf were you thinking. play it like its any old game, not like it IS ut. everyone i've talked ot thats given it a fair and honest chance and continued ot play it has liked it more and more. [/B]

Unique to what? It plays like a cartoon.

All we're missing is the bongo drums for running about.

As far as a hybrid, it's playing like a hybrid of Half-Life and Q3. Not UTish at all. The point is, if you're building on a foundation (and not rebuilding the whole game), then build on the foundation. The gameplay mechanics, etc, of UT are what made it popular. This smacks of tossing all that out.

Last edited:
Originally posted by GURKBURKEN
Someone else have the feeling that the weapons are really NOT leveled. Takes ages to kill someone except with the sniper and rox. All u need is rox and u own.

Flak alt fire is as good as a rocket, and pulse also deadly, so is Bio (if you manage to hit) imho only minigun is a little under what it should, ot perhaps I suck with it :nod: .

butters.. do you know what your talking about? is dodging not from yootee alone?

"what made it popular"
theres a few more Q3 players than UT anywho

"like a cartoon"
wtf are you talking about

edit: and if you had read my post, you would have realized that i said you SHOULDN'T compare it to UT. they're two seperate games. just because its not exactly like UT doesn't mean that its crap. and maybe you should play it more than once? every person i've talked to says it has grown on them with time. its a fun game once you get used to it (i.e. play it more than once)

Last edited:
omg mahoney laying teh smak

Lr.jpg

http://www.gamespy.com/stats/

Unreal Tournament 2003 Demo
2016 servers, 4522 players

Quake 3: Arena
2799 servers, 4141 players

Battlefield 1942
807 servers, 4085 players

Unreal Tournament
3182 servers, 3942 players

b4 the demo was released UT had more players. Maybe numbers will be a little different in a week or two...we'll just have to wait and see i guess.