Look back

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Vince_Black

Dutch {SUYM} Gimp
Jun 17, 2001
@ home
Well well, what a month it was, with 2 MAJOR things that has happened:

1st, WE ARE BACK IN DIV2 ya! GG Chipz Vector CS Ajax GoldDog Cazzy Martz Mogul TripleM and Necroscope!

2nd, we have played our 100th {SUYM} stdAS leaguematch this month!! (100!!!!!) omg!! :party:

so i would like to thank everyone who helped us getting so many matches, by first the clantag history:
quoted Martz
Well, the expression "Show Us Yer Monkey" was thought up and used on a drunked night out by Peebe and our mates. We were shouting it at nice ladies, and anyone else that would listen. Show Us Yer Monkey became a catch-phrase sorta thing, and when me and Peebe started playing UT on-line, we used to taunt "Show Us Yer Monkey" and then started using the {SUYM} tag. :)

And with these wise words of the monkey of monkeys ill list all (ex)members of {SUYM} :

Zeus (aka Sushi, one of the best Assaulters i've knows imo (2years ago that is) first started with {SUYM} an TO squad, but that failed, and now he is in LuNa TO, which is #1 atm)
Taz (Sushi's bro, also went to TO, and now got his own TO-clan)
AWOL (also, after the "bigbreakup" went to TO)
Cerberus (german and good m8 of Lenny, retired (ex UT-Lord))
Peebe (went to a div1 clan, and is retired nowadays)
Optical (aka Bluey, is now in NRG and iAS in Mr, #1 clan in iAS league, utassault.net moderator too)
Scorpion (aka known as RoGuE, he is in Dv8 now for iAS league)
Cripple (RIP :( very very nice person)
Phoenix and Theos (both went to SEK :wave: )
Foo (aka oOF, still around somewhere, played in div1 too)
Yukio (strange dude/dudette, "i quit coz im not my bf thinks im addicted"or something)
Dragon (clanleader of LG (iAS), member of IAS (stdAS) and proASer for BoD)
Tsunami (aka moe ;) played for Ai in div1 too and recently he was a monkey for our iAS side)
xb7 (my bro! he played div1 for AAK and now is in EoS, where his heart belongs ;) )
Purity (dunno what happened to her, maybe i have to search in Necro's basement)
Lenin (he went to UT_lords with cerberus, and now plays for Mi5, #1 in stdAS league)
Exorcist (he went to his m8s in R-C, which we will play this month in div2)
Suicidal (done alot for {SUYM} , was leader of the {SUYM} DM side, and now plays for Mi5 too, #1 in stdAS league)
BBstr@nge (recently left :( to taste the atmosphere in div1 with the [X]-squad)
e)(istenz (also recently left :( he now plays for nk now in div3)

and offcourse a big thnx to the following players/supporters:
Martz (honourable clanleader, and he is my man, ALWAYS there to answer a question about anything really.... forum administrator AND he made the tag (read above)... and he has a lovely gf: Jo)
Mogul of Pain (he just announts his big comeback (he is getting broadband :thumb: ) and he will be best assaulter out there again)
Pikachu (aka Pete, still alot in the chat and a good m8, he retired playing in general)
Spitfire (once in a while he jumps up in the forums and leaves as quick as he got in the forums, very funny man)
Bull (our own youngster, very inactive atm tho)
CJ (almost as long in the clan as me and Necro, 2 years, and always here to cheer for us in good and bad times waving here pompoms in the air wearing a little skirt)

and offcourse:
Necroscope (my partner in leading this Zoo, recuiter and handling which i think is one of the best clansites: www.suym.de and i almost forgot he is providing us the clanservers too!)
Vector (Scotland rulez! so hard to understand on TS, but always there if needed, and he is ex-FJS)
Ajax (he is my main man too, leader of the iAS side and tac supervisor, without him we would be in div5)
Chipz (/me licks Chipz0r, coming from clan FU and we adopted him and taking care of him now, he is a very very good chap!!)
GoldDog (Scandinavian, but he is as much loved as anyone in {SUYM} and he is ex-FJS)
TripleM (dutch and living in the sixth area (he is brother of Relax) and he is ex-FJS)
CrazySquirrel (well, what to say? he is leagueforumsupervisoradministatorcontributorandquirrelpoliceofficer, so he does alot! and ex-FJS too , argh all thes FJS-ers ;) )
and Cazzy (he recently joined, and comes from the well-respected sixth family)

thnx to all these (ex)members for there part they did, and lets get another 99 stdAS league matches and continue in UT2k3 (well if it isnt quakeIV)

thnx all

{SUYM}_Vince_Black (aka Vince|hangover)

*sniff* what the dutchman said...

we had so many ups and downs that I wonder that the clan is still intact after all this time.

big thanks go to Vinnie who was the real one holding everything together after Martz retired (and Mogs took over for a short period). Great work m8! :thumb:

And also big thanks to AJ who pushed us a good way in the right direction with organizing regular praccies, getting some decent tacs together and showing us lotsa stuff. :thumb:

And of course a big thanks to everyone who plays/played in {SUYM} and made it one of the most respected and one of the oldest clans out there.

Lets keep the fun alive and kick some more butts ... :trout:

SHOW US YER MONKEY!!!!!!!! :D

nice :)
i would try and talk with a more english accent, but my mum would shoot me :eek:

heres looking forward to the next 100

lolz nice 1 vinnie :D

and btw
Zeus (aka Sushi, one of the best Assaulters i've knows imo (2years ago that is) first started with {SUYM} an TO squad, but that failed, and now he is in LuNa TO, which is #1 atm)

zeus is a gr8 m8 =) and ye we rule to JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:D

SUYM took me in when i was just a n00b and taught me how to play Assault. All the hours me and Aj spent learning launches, and i still can't do any. :lol:

Will never forget the good times i had in SUYM

Missing you Vince :]

/me stretches the bones of his since long rotten corpse
Damn it was a long time since I used this forum :)

But here I am!
Congratulations on your arrival to Div2 guys!
I've been checking in now and then to check how you were doing, didnt notice until now :)

I'll stop by your IRC again soon and we can talk some :)

Cya
---
I see I still have [FF] tag... I was right, it was ages ago :o)