Future protection for LeagueAS

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Neo

Jun 8, 2001
Solihull, UK
Now leagueas has been hacked and bots can be freely used on leagueas servers what are you gonna impliment for future protection?

Hope something can be done :(

FFS i thought Assault is not popular enuf
thought that cheaters would stay away

which 1337 m3g4sk!110r was it? :( :(

Sam was using one earlier on Jolt 05, saw it with my own eyes. A old style bot, not a tracer. He said he byte hacked it.

:shout: :shout: :shout:

must've used some kind of adapted patch
like i told phear earlier :(

if they can patch cshp, patching leagueAS is not SUCH a big prob anymore

at least it seems so :(

i think phear has to release one new version of leagueAS every day now ;)

It's not public yet. But I doubt that will last now Sam is using it.
And Sam didn't hack it, he has a friend.

Indeed League Assault has always been hackable, any uscript protection is, CSHP, UTPure, they can all be beaten with a byte hack :( Its the achiles heal of UT, and the only way to beat it is with a seperate DLL. CHSP & UTPure were relucatant to take that route, and there is no way I will be going down that route, its just too much work at this stage.

Rogue scanning as Ace pointed out was designed to enhance League Assaults protection, but only by stopping some uscript based cheats, it will not stop byte hacking, no uscript based protection can :(

I'm afraid there are only 2 ways to stop it, the first is to rebuild League Assault on a regular basis, but that has a limited effectiveness, it will only stop the cheats for a short period and I'd imagine a dynamic byte patcher wouldn't take too long too develop.
The other is to switch to UTPure. The protection in League Assault can be switched off and UTPure used along side League Assault. Unfortunately that brings some problems in itself, UTPure works really bad with low bandwidth connections. But UTPure will be updated more frequently, and offer more protection in the interim, still it is by no means unhackable, and there are more people trying to hack UTPure than there are League Assault.

To the author of this so called Bot (yah you know we know who you are), all I can say is I hope you got your kicks.

Scrub the UTPure idea, seems there are even more hacks for that.

Nothing doing im afraid, there is no protection anymore :(

All I can say is there have been BoTs about for UT for AGESSSSSSSSS even that beat CSHP And UTPure etc I think that most of the Lamers that d/l them only use them on publics.
I dont think there are many peeps out there who would use AIMBOTS in matches. I think in div 2 or div 3 (-Bod- territory) anyone using a BoT would stand out, div one is full of cheats and lamers anyway :teehee: so who cares lol :).

But what we should have is a set of clear and defined RULES that prescribe the punishment for anyone found Botting in league matches. Unique was found to have botted and nothing much happened to him, Julia writes a BoT and gets banned seems a bit kinda unbalanced, but maybe its me who is unbalanced lol :). Treat all Botting incidents the same or dont bother doing anything.

To have rules for any other time IE Publics etc is ridiculous as so many AS clan members have Botted on CTF servers etc. Why do peeps see AS players Botting CTF servers etc as acceptable??? Sucks more than in AS TBH!

Last edited:
Yah bots for CSHP and UTPure have been around for a long time, but not for League Assault, because no one was interested in it, only 1 person has choosen to get a kick out of byte hacking League Assault. It has to be hacked specifically, CSHP and UTPure byte hacks wont work on League Assault.

Why do peeps see AS players Botting CTF servers etc as acceptable???

Who sees it as exceptable? Its just a question of boundries, I wouldn't see an Assault player commiting a crime (theft, GBH, murder, whatever) as acceptable, but I'm not gonna ban them from the forums for it, its not my juristiction.

Treat all Botting incidents the same or dont bother doing anything.

All botting incidents have been treated the same AFAIK, this is the first incident of some1 purposefully hacking League Assault and creating a cheat to get past it, and so is a case in its own right, any other incidents have been about the use of bots.

Anyway this isn't a League Assault related issue, so belongs elsewhere.

seems as if cheating can really ruin the game :(

well okay - back to the "protection" - i suggest enforcing demorecording (maybe even implement automatic recording in leagueAS or something)
if some1 seen as suspicious, he has to proof, he did not cheat
by sending his demo to an admin

if a tracerbot is used, it will be fucking hard to discover it even by watching the demo - but do we have a choice?

well i think that most players won't want to record demos etc.
so my suggestion won't be realized
but hey - i said what i suggest... :(

Originally posted by Phear

To the author of this so called Bot (yah you know we know who you are), all I can say is I hope you got your kicks.

According to Toms messages, you mean me. And you are wrong.
I state, that while I hacked LeagueAS, stuff I did was totally private.

And since you are cool in security, you probably shouldda known that security through obscurity as main method aint secure.

Not that there is much things obscured neither.

You probably shouldda known that security through obscurity as main method aint secure.

Its not security through obscurity, any uscript protection can be hacked as you and I both well know, most people didn't, and whilst there were no cheats available they didn't need to. Doubt is at least if not more distructive than any cheat in itself.

People who claim to be developing cheats in the interests of the game, enlightening people as to what is possible are just trying to make excuses for what they do. As I said to you on ICQ once, you don't need to prove to me that League Assault is hackable, I have always known that to be the case, non-uscript cheats cannot be beaten by uscript alone.

I challenge anyone to prove how it is better now that a cheat is available that bypasses League Assault, and now that everyone knows, than it was with the possibility of cheats but none in circulation. So called cheat/hack developers acheive nothing other than to destroy the game for others.

In addition: Publically availibe bot isnt problem too. Players that use it are.

Are those that manufacture guns as much to blame as those who kill people with them? Thats a tough moral question. But here's my opinion. If you give (sell whatever) them to the army whose use them to protect people, then no, theres nothing wrong with manufacturing guns, if you give them to terrorist or murderers then yes some of the blame lies with you. I beleive the same applies here, if you develop cheats under the guise that your helping to stop cheating, then you should give them to the developers of anti-cheat systems, if you release them to the lamers in public, then you have achieved nothing constructive in the slighest.

According to Toms messages, you mean me. And you are wrong.

Well excuse me if I don't believe a single word you say.

honestly, i did what I did to my own amusement, nothing else. Didnt release it neither, since I got kickstart, and ventured unto UTPure and most important AoT

the only thing I actually did regarding league, is posting of demo. I am aware its not good, but lemme tell why its irresistable?

Its so goddamn funny to see how much people contact you and ask for private cheats. And believe me there was and there is such people. Sam btw is relatively very harmless in this case, since WYSIWYG (when u see Sam, u r aware what it will play like), but ammount of people willing to cheat in league would amaze you. Dont you consider THAT a problem?

Would it be enough, that last time my alterego was contacted by 10+ people from THIS league (some are still active and respected players) asking if I can send them something.

As I said - I couldnt resist, to see such "beggers" again, and so I posted demo.

I didnt do very good, the one "nolifepoliceinspector" throwing out bans didnt do good neither, just raising anger. There was absolutely nothing in my thread, that would help other people cheat (when someone posts actual help like *r*b command, it just got deleted, no bans. Isnt that tad unfair?)

Stuff about Sam just aint true. The only conversation I had with this guy, was some random flaming at servers.

As security without obscurity, that wouldnt work.. You are right here, but actually few wise methods can be derived from AoT and UTPURE

No obscurity here:
1) Rewrite function from Engine, so that viewport.viewrotation will no longer hold essential info, and replace it with obscured final record in mutator. Sure it will be hackable as well, but it would pose way more challenge (throwing bait 'lookalike' functions would do it even more challenging)
2) there is way to thwart UTPT, but .u file will still work. Of course that is also hackable, but in combo with previous method.. it will be a lot of pain (method can be found in recent TO:AoT S_Swat.u.. Try to open it in utpt)

Add rogue actor scanning to remove spawning stuff from menu, and it will last almost forever to find someone to beat it. (Since if u confirm that there was LeagueAS bot, and I know I didnt release, I know that I am not alone who know how to use hexeditor)

OT:Also I would like raise question about "Privacy Policy".. of course this is Non-Profit organization, and noone is forced to be here, but since I am "bad" and you are "good":
It isnt good so "nolifeinspector" is abusing his powers, to track IP, make own assumtions and tell them to other people. Just aint nice.

OT2:If "nolifeinspector" would be so nice, and set his "beliefs" aside, and lift ban from IP, and perhaps set it to account? My cousin didnt do anything wrong to you, and he exist, regardless if you believe it or not.

Well excuse me if I don't believe a single word you say.
I dont like you too much neither :) Sure its easier to write almost unprotected mod (and dont say you even tried to enchance/modify CSHP source that is officially availible to study,xcept rogue scanning), and instead of making it actually better, just blame someone. Am I right?

I think you would have said Phear instead of "nolifeinspector" if u meant him so i guess you mean me.

Banning from the league servers was a league decision which I carried out. Matching IPs is abuse of what? Gotta make sure the IPs match otherwise it would be assumptions. I've never given out your IP, and the couple of people (couple as the leagueas hacking was kept under wraps as u may have noticed) i've talked to about it were made very clear of what were my assumptions.
Forum ban as you well know wasn't me, but was deserved and i have no reason to remove it.

The only assumptions i've made are:
1) That verolite your cousin who has only just turned up in the uta community a couple of years after you and just before u hacked leagueas was infact you.
2) you released your hack to sam (who u has given u "inspiration") a few hours after we turned down your request to unban you.

And yes people this is the person to blame for the aimbots on pure over the last few months.

Julia, you seem to think I want to offer some sort of competition to you, I don't, I'm not going to fight a battle that I can't win, as you and I both know secure uscript protection does not exist.

Seems to be some attempt to bait me into a uscripting competition, well that aint gonna happen. Sure I could make life harder for you and your kin, but you'll just see that as a challenge and eventually I know it will be bypassed, I only added CSHP to League Assault since I knew that the CSHP/UTPure bytehacks wouldn't work, and when a couple of uscript based cheats got past, I threw in rogue scanning to plug the holes.

Sure its easier to write almost unprotected mod (and dont say you even tried to enchance/modify CSHP source that is officially availible to study,xcept rogue scanning), and instead of making it actually better, just blame someone. Am I right?

I didn't say I enhanced it any more than adding Rogue Scanning, aside from a few minor tweaks thats all I did to CSHP. But it was enough to stop all the uscript cheats out there, and so thats all that was needed, I didn't have the inclenation to create fully protected mod, League Assault's aim was never primarily cheat protection, it was just tagged in as an extra "feature". Are you some how trying to blame me for not doing my job properly? If that is the case I can do nothing more than laugh.