AS-Rook - Chain Locked ???

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Sometimes chains are invisible.. so maybe the last one where not destroyed ?

@admin feel free to delete this post if the first sentense should not belong here.

:edit:

Last edited:
its prolly just the invisible chain thing if u didnt get a msg sayin the gatehouse was open. If u did get that msg then it is possible to block gatehouse cos i saw someone do it by accident once.

i'm not sure, but it could be i was there

in that case it was on jolt 5 insta as
and no, the gatehouse was not locked

i checked the chains, 1 was still up, altho not very visible
+ scores included only 2 objectives (20 points)

our team had a big laugh :teehee:

Originally posted by Butterfinger
I think the whole spindle/chain things a shite anyway...

why exactly ?

Originally posted by Butterfinger Need a Rook][ IMHO [/B]

what would you change then ?

i would like after main doors :

all water
defence teleporter to end
an island with sniper
loads of sniper ammo

:psycho:

Originally posted by BaTRaT
Has anyone else seen this / had it happen to them?

On two different occasions I've witnessed the gatehouse being blocked. How that's done, no idea. Annoying as hell though. Fortunately most people don't know how to do it, have enough trouble with lib door blockers :mad:

Re: Re: AS-Rook - Chain Locked ???

Originally posted by kooma
have enough trouble with lib door blockers :mad:

when there's 'Eavy on server , that is fixed as well as overlord flagshot and mazon gate block

Rook on IAS is really bad as the chains are really hard 2 get, I was in there 2mins trying 2 take them down :(

Originally posted by DrOoZ
i'm not sure, but it could be i was there

in that case it was on jolt 5 insta as
and no, the gatehouse was not locked

i checked the chains, 1 was still up, altho not very visible
+ scores included only 2 objectives (20 points)

our team had a big laugh :teehee:

Ya, you were telling me that one was there , I was just standing there blasting where the chains were supposed to be, and XxRoBoTxX was coming by occasionally to check up on me :shock:

ah well...

Originally posted by <=Joko=>
its prolly just the invisible chain thing if u didnt get a msg sayin the gatehouse was open. If u did get that msg then it is possible to block gatehouse cos i saw someone do it by accident once.

That must be it, first time I've heard of "The Invisible Chain Thing" is that common?

Originally posted by DrOoZ

why exactly ?

what would you change then ?

i would like after main doors :

all water
defence teleporter to end
an island with sniper
loads of sniper ammo

:psycho:

Let me think about it, but here's some early points...

For one thing, I 'd like to see the finish require more than just reaching the path outside the gates.

I'd like to see use of more of the towers. (Maybe the old 'murder hole' concept?)

How about 3 different gate switches along the way, using the library only for a path outside... this would eliminate the spam too...

Originally posted by BaTRaT

Ya, you were telling me that one was there , I was just standing there blasting where the chains were supposed to be, and XxRoBoTxX was coming by occasionally to check up on me :shock:

ah well...

whahahahahahahahaha :spit:
excuse me for laughing :P

erm, well i went to chains to check it and i saw 1 chain still there, the middle of it was invisible tho

The chains are hard to see from certain angles.
With esr, your best bet is to hit them in the middle of their span.

Door locking....

I've seen that done not only with the gatehouse but also the main doors, admitedly this was done with conventional weapons :(

you can almost lock everydoor, probably every door without a fix

and 1 rook chain is always invisible for me that is, dunno for the rest, but you get used to it :)

Last edited:
didnt leagueas fix it or something like that cos i can see it on some servers but not on others

Any coders out there who want to take a swing at a v.2 ?

Sounds like there are a lot of complaints on this map.... seems to me the switch for the gatehouse would be the same as the switch for the main doors... etc etc.