SubbaseSE

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Snuggs

Che, Mr. Obscure
Feb 20, 2002
on a giant weed tree
Major changes

flood.jpg

subdock.jpg

finalsugg.jpg

Reactions: endgegner
Things I don't like with this version:
- docks can be reached from the underwater passage. Would prefer it to open after docks instead.
- final objective has too much health. Needing more than a sixpack of rockets is too much.

Otherwise I really like the new ending, great work on that :)

I'll do an Ulv. :stompa:

Things I like:
Ending being extended by putting the attackers spawn back. It's the sort of thing where you change it, and it's like 'why hasn't it been this way all these years'. Downside is that the inside of the sub isn't really designed to be held for long, which is kinda an annoying feeling when defending. But that's not your fault.
Possibly adding a little jump pad either side of defenders spawn to get to high ground would help with the quality of life for defenders.
You could also maybe move the roof hatch a little bit back from the final objective. I feel like it's a bit too much to defend with people dropping that close to it.

End HP being increased. I like that it take more than two flaks to kill it. You could maybe make it a touch so it's a little more defendable, while less frustrating for attackers. Either way it's fine for me.

Things I don't like:
Eh, the water route tbh. The sub entrance was always the point of the map where defenders had the best chance of getting a long defense going. By adding an extra way to attack, and not doing anything to help the defenders, it feels like the sub goes a bit easier now. Even if the attackers do not use the water route, the defense still needs to put someone in the water, out of the action. Which leaves one less person to defend the docks.

The water route also has a long, slow, windy feel to it also. It doesn't feel good to spend a while slowly swimming, just to die to the person camping at end of water tunnel, and not really get close to the objective.

I can see why you added the extra route though. Subbase is maybe a little too basic of a map for a lot of people to enjoy it. No major launching, and you kind of have to throw yourself at the meat grinder again and again. I'd be fine if you kept the extra way in, but I think the defenders need something extra to compensate for it.

Just my opinion - others may think differently.

:love: