What social Media for UT99 pugs?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Dj_AL

-)EaS*
Nov 3, 2002
Lund (Sweden)
Any suggestions instead of DISCord and IRC for UTpugs we can chat with.

I got IRC on computer but my computer rarely on.
Easier with facebook hangouts whatsapp or something else you have in your mobile?

There is AndroIRC which is for mobiles. quiet good

What do you think, We need more ppl idling to make more regular pugs going

Well, to Organize a Pug just use Discord, i am also Most time not @my Computer, and Discord is available as an App for Android an IOS.
Big Point u can watch Old Text / Posts, Irc had no Log.

For the Matches, when everybody is @his PC, switch to IRC, because we need the Pugbot fot Setting the Server

Discord is easier to setup the pugbot(and allows easier vc towards the pugs) however I don't think it is possible to let both discord and the server communicate to each other as yet making it have to be done manually

As said on discord, the platform either cannot host the pugbot or cannot be adapted to setup a server for a 20 year old game. Even if it was, we don't have anyone around who can dedicate the time to try.

I think Whatsapp is best idea, people would pay attention to notifications there, rather than relying on idlers on Discord. Our channel has 70 people and yet no one really uses it...

Just look at the top of this page. Facebook and Twitter accounts exist, unused, no reason why you can't use them to our advantage.

I still think we need some form of incentive though.