Showmatch for Epic personal

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Moon

Boom HEADSHOT!
May 30, 2002
Hello fellow UT99ers Assaulters! :D
As most of you know by now there's UT4 with Assault in progress.
We're waiting for maps to be remade and sorted out for gameplay and balancing.
Smant Has told me that we should make a showmatch for Epic to watch so they understand what needs to be done in order to getting Assault in the mix for UT4!

I haven't played assault for years but I'm willing to put in some time to make this happen!
Anyone interested finding out how the new Era of Assault can continue in the new UT4?
Let us know by signing up in this thread.
We need a 6v6 game to happen and 2 great teams showing what assault is about!
For starters we could have pugs not only on sundays. Let me know what days and times works for you lot here.
Earlier we can get this going for real the better for the community in UT4!

Edit:
Signups as follows

1.Farac
2.Smant
3.FatJeff
4.NoMercy
5.Prometheus/Retard
6.Maxiz

Last edited:
This is something which I've been advocating for a long time - we can definitely make sure the appropriate people see it. There are certain gameplay elements from UT99AS which could translate over very well, such as hammerjumping.

In order to do this we need to make sure we have even and fair teams, proper tactics, and some level of comms. We don't need the best players showing up as long as we have players who can follow tactics and help highlight the gameplay.

If there's enough interest in this (about 10 people) we can spearhead an effort to do some sign ups, pick a date (perhaps late November?), and arrange to have some fun.

Yes NoMercy. 99´ Assault all the way! Don't be afraid signing up. Earlier we know who can participate easier it gets to organize this to begin with.
I for one have forgot about the launch aims on many launches so for this I wouldn't mind being launched for once :)

Reactions: endgegner
I dont see the point really, Epic know UT99 assault already. We should focus on making UT4 assault mod better and put more feedback for Epic in that game instead :satan:

Sign me up plz Farac!

I beg to differ Bamse; we all want for the new assault mode to be similar to the mode we all love and still play (UT 99 assault) as much as possible!

We need this show match to show them (Epic) the possibilities that UT99 assault provides!

We need 2 show them the importance of launfing (both hammer and rox) so they finally understand that vehicles are redundant, useless and should stay away from assault! an not just the lanfing but the team work as well and for that we need 6 v 6

Man i have been reading too much from the english dictionary (or was it the urban dictionary).....

PS.

I dont think they really did take notice about assault tbh

Reactions: endgegner
Epic already has info about ut99 assault and we are in contact with Epic team about UT4 Assault.
RZE has already specced a 6v6 assault pug and hes idling in our channel, they are watching everything we do.
We must do more in UT4 game: play, optimize MOD and make new maps. Put good feedback on gameplay, weapons,
speed, launches with rl and hammer.

I havent seen one single video about launching in UT4 Assault, except mine and fatjeff. Why dont you test and practise
this in the new game? Put the time where is makes any different.
You can play as much ut99 as you want, like we have over 10 years... Epic know what assault is, believe me lol

I'd be happy to stream it!

Also, on another note, you should show the differences between for example UT99 Frigate and UT4 Frigate, just not being able to do the hammer jump to the back deck changes the map completly, just an example ;)

Epic already has info about ut99 assault and we are in contact with Epic team about UT4 Assault.
RZE has already specced a 6v6 assault pug and hes idling in our channel, they are watching everything we do.
That's a terrible overstatement. Epic haven't specced any UT99 pugs and have said themselves they know very little about AS gameplay. RZE's presence in a channel as a non-active participant does not mean that all of Epic knows everything that goes on.

We must do more in UT4 game: play, optimize MOD and make new maps. Put good feedback on gameplay, weapons,
speed, launches with rl and hammer.
If that were a goal then perhaps assets should have been shared + feedback engaged so that maps wouldn't be broken. Perhaps we could get mapmakers that actually play Assault?

I havent seen one single video about launching in UT4 Assault, except mine and fatjeff. Why dont you test and practise
this in the new game? Put the time where is makes any different.
If it's in an experimental phase there's not much to it - two videos have been made about the exact same subject and there's nothing else do to. Hammer launches are point-and-click. There is one spot of 3 pixels that you can launch with rockets in UT4. No progress will be made on that until Epic get on board with the idea that RL is a valuable part of gameplay rather than act so opposed to it.

There aren't proper VODs of AS gameplay. The vast majority of videos this community created were fragvideos, and the few that weren't were trick videos. None of these capture AS gameplay the way it ought to be displayed.

That's a terrible overstatement. Epic haven't specced any UT99 pugs and have said themselves they know very little about AS gameplay. RZE's presence in a channel as a non-active participant does not mean that all of Epic knows everything that goes on.
I didnt say they specced UT99, I was referring to UT4 PUG :P
You don´t have the right facts Smant, plz dont lower Epic´s knowledge without a reason. First of all you don´t have the right facts and they dont talk to you about UT4 Assault.

If that were a goal then perhaps assets should have been shared + feedback engaged so that maps wouldn't be broken. Perhaps we could get mapmakers that actually play Assault?
Yes, good idea! :satan:

If it's in an experimental phase there's not much to it - two videos have been made about the exact same subject and there's nothing else do to. Hammer launches are point-and-click. There is one spot of 3 pixels that you can launch with rockets in UT4. No progress will be made on that until Epic get on board with the idea that RL is a valuable part of gameplay rather than act so opposed to it.
And where do you have this fact about them being opposed to RL in assault? It´s not a end of story here, the game is in pre-alpha.
Once again you try to put out facts, plz dont.

There aren't proper VODs of AS gameplay. The vast majority of videos this community created were fragvideos, and the few that weren't were trick videos. None of these capture AS gameplay the way it ought to be displayed.
The viewers that will watch a UT99 video of Assault pug I would say are very few, max 100. I have over 44 000 views on my UT4 channel. The main focus should be on UT4 to make a difference, play 6v6 matches in UT4 and explain the things you want to be changed and why etc.

I dont care if you play UT99 showmatch, plz do, it will probably be very fun as usual. I love UT99 Assault!
But Smant do not tell people stuff that you dont have the right facts on, and act like you know what Epic think and wants. You are not the contact person, thank god, and we dont tell everything behind the curtain yet for a reason! :satan:

Ps. It´s not a trick to RL jump on frigate, and its not yours... Ds.

Apart of the arguments above I will definitely also set up a UT4 6on6 showmatch casted by ownedwell. PACO already told me he will do this.

And also another 2v2 cup, where all can choose their partners.