Pug night

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

no - please I urge you all to try the job that has been done on UT4 AS. The more the merrier.

OK so it takes a little time to download and setup and config everything, but you will get a very similar feeling to UT99 AS. I've only played it a few times without 100% perfect settings and i'm already loving it.

Plenty of room for both :) I doubt we would have a problem getting 12 even after the UT99 goes ahead, so please sign up to this UT99 pug if you have an inclination!

no - please I urge you all to try the job that has been done on UT4 AS. The more the merrier.

OK so it takes a little time to download and setup and config everything, but you will get a very similar feeling to UT99 AS. I've only played it a few times without 100% perfect settings and i'm already loving it.

No. It feels nothing like UT99AS. There are some good things, but it is nowhere near there. Perhaps you're finding UT4 to be good for you since your skills have fallen off so dramatically in the past couple of years, but there is zero balance or efficiency to the game's native state and thus one cannot build good AS gameplay into it yet.

Regardless, we need to seize the few opportunities we have left to get some demos of UT99 gameplay so that we can both document and make a case that our style of gameplay adds to the game rather than breaks it.

Last edited:
If we set up a new league and site for ut4 and get hundreds of new players, we could include some ut99 tables as well and make some nostalgia commercial to maybe get few more just for the fun to play ut99 besides ut4 as well.

However I see ut4 as the base now. Even to keep some ut99 pugs alive, like shown yesterday. The hype of a new assault brought us a 6on6 pug yesterday, which didn't take place for some time now.

My priority is supporting ut4 now to make it better and get back a new active game I can play and have fun with.

Hoping I won't be too busy this weekend. Very much want to be here for this. Let's make a PUG to remember friends.