Assault PUG #1

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

wow looks really promising.
Really consider to buy a new computer if this goes well.

AS it looks it goes really we... Ballistic looks really nice.
hmm ill wait a bit more to more is up to date but after that ill buy a computer and come join yiou.

Would be fun if more old school players would play again.
EAsy when u know all the maps and weapons just new GFX that changed. LIke that ALOT as i dont have much more time to learn new maps or games atm.

Keep us posted

looking good, played a bit of UT4 this week, the movement is a put-off with all the wall dodging and sliding on the ground but AS looks like fun, might give pug a go once I have more free time later on in the month.

looking good, played a bit of UT4 this week, the movement is a put-off with all the wall dodging and sliding on the ground but AS looks like fun, might give pug a go once I have more free time later on in the month.

Movement and weapons are bad.

Movement is annoying yeah, especially for those from UT99 who are used to crouching. Now you just slide around everywhere and to simulate a UT99 crouch / move / crouch / move feels really clunky. I read that they're looking at changing it though so that sliding can be taken out of crouch.

Sliding still sucks in general, though.

Not too bothered about wall dodges, they could add lots of cool new tricks to maps but need to be refined, just like the entire movement system tbh.

They already changed that, now you'll only slide if you're already doing a fancy move. if youre just running you wont slide. It's a LOT better and makes everything less slidey than the previous build.

Movement is annoying yeah, especially for those from UT99 who are used to crouching. Now you just slide around everywhere and to simulate a UT99 crouch / move / crouch / move feels really clunky. I read that they're looking at changing it though so that sliding can be taken out of crouch.

Sliding still sucks in general, though.

Not too bothered about wall dodges, they could add lots of cool new tricks to maps but need to be refined, just like the entire movement system tbh.

The only thing that bothers me about walldodges is that sometimes you do them randomly while just dodging near a wall and don't go where you want to go. That, and I don't want to play a game against twnz where he is allowed to walldodge.

The weapons of UT4 are the most shit and impossible aspect of the game right now. No way we can make AS work with the weapons they have now.

Very nice Work! Played (only overlord 1 time before) a few maps last night. Rly great!

But 2 questions: 1.) Is there an external Downloadserver for the Maps? The Filesize from Ballistic is like complete UT99
2.) Where u Organize the UT4 pug's on irc? In the Old Channels or A new on Quakenet?

Honestly it is the closest to ut99 in terms of gameplay. There are a few minor differences; ammo is more scarse, weapon balance probably still needs tweaking. It is true the sniper feels different (ut99 it was almost an assault rifle) but it can still be used effectively and spammed faster than you think. Can find cafes stream on the latest pug - he was multi killing easily with it on ballistic just like any ut99 sniper whore did in the past.