UT4 AS-Rook

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Urgamanix

Miner
Staff member
May 29, 2003
Hi all,

If you haven't been following the forums or trello or IRC, here's a screenshot from my progress on Rook!

attachment.php

This one is indeed a conversion. Ive made some geometry edits and may do a few more if some areas feel slightly blocky.

Hi there, so you've got plans reviving UT Assault in UT 4 :D ? Urgamanix, do I know you by another name :)?

We (Hank and Unsobor) tried some games on As-Rook.
Was fun, especially with the rocket launching which you made possible in the latest update:)
Sometimes the objectives still bug, and at least one time we had a bug when 1 team won the round, the new round started, every objective resets (every door closes) but the people who were at the last objective couldn't come back:P Everyone stayed a live, and the objectives couldn't be done at that time.

For the people who don't know how to launch in UT4, its different from ut99, you have to crouch behind them and aim for the head:D

I couldn't find the assault server yesterday so I saw Hank and Sobor on a ICTF server:P

@Wish, are you still busy with AS-Bridge? And how is that going?

Last edited:
We (Hank and Unsobor) tried some games on As-Rook.
Was fun, especially with the rocket launching which you made possible in the latest update:)
Sometimes the objectives still bug, and at least one time we had a bug when 1 team won the round, the new round started, every objective resets (every door closes) but the people who were at the last objective couldn't come back:P Everyone stayed a live, and the objectives couldn't be done at that time.

For the people who don't know how to launch in UT4, its different from ut99, you have to crouch behind them and aim for the head:D

I couldn't find the assault server yesterday so I saw Hank and Sobor on a ICTF server:P

@Wish, are you still busy with AS-Bridge? And how is that going?

Hopefully these bugs are fixed with the latest version! At least when I play on the server now, it always works. We of course need to test in a 6v6 environment :)

Macho, on that ICTF server I had a idea regarding launching: some guy on my side was feigning death and I shot him around with the gib rifle:rolleyes:

The ragdoll physics of his body somehow achieve much larger momentum than what is transferred when i shoot live teammates.

So maybe we can extend launching ranges even if the launchee feigns death.