Everlasting - UT AS Frag Movie

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

All i know is that this happened 1 sec later.

9xKBGhd.png

silly siege

Finally realized that's a pic of ethernet plug being pulled. Holy shit so much life makes sense right now.

Very nice m8, 1 of the best assault movies we have had, not been that many of them tbh!

Congrats and very nice skills on show :)

gut movie m8, really nice quality :thumb:

not a fan of half of the soundtrack and some scenes could've been cut better, but that's nitpicking

pros:
-very nice frags in general
-some good lulz (Botpack_GoopEx loved that one lol
-very nice graphical quality how was this made. Original demos recorded in 4K? or was 4K used when frapsing?
-professional as fuck intro and replay/fast forward sequences +1
-good length for a movie perfect really
-hi-res textures
-nice title
-nice dl speed
- Very nice overall prolly the best ive seen so far.
- Variations of weapons i loved it.
- Timing / editing kills with music was really nice
- Fun to see old demos with biebel etc looks liked u gathered demos for a while =)

cons:
- Some shots was a bit ochestrad cause you would never let ppl do a launch. Some demos looked like u chased the demo instead of going for the easy kill. Noticed some demos with this.
- Would love to have some TS action would make movie even better.
-some sequences are too dark on the golgothas. Dunno why its so dark perhaps cause i use way more brightnes in OGL
-music not so much to my taste some was decent but cant really say this in a negative way. Your movie u decide.
-no hud/chat on most sequences, it's fun to see reactions in chat sometimes or hp in certain situations. Hard to make this cayse it could also ruin it with alot of spam but i kinda njoy read taunts so id prefer it ON
- not in ze special thanks

One of the best movie so far ive seen.

Would love to get some inputs on GFX settings and how it was made with programs and settings etc.

Must taken alot of time to make. Just hope people will get to watch it. Should post it on youtube to spread it around cause atm u dont know how many has watched it with torrents dl. Hopefully its worth making them but community is small.

Really nice vid

Thanks for the praise y'all ;)

- Some shots was a bit ochestrad cause you would never let ppl do a launch. Some demos looked like u chased the demo instead of going for the easy kill. Noticed some demos with this.
Save for the kill on ulv at 2:55, which I admit, I could've very easily stopped.. I don't really see this happening anywhere else, then again it's subjective, part of the reason that most AS movies are sniper-only.com is because, well, sniper is simply the best choice for almost any situation, using another weapon might feel like a foolish and cocky decision most of the time but it's the playstyle I've developed, while I do agree that I could be playing a little more seriously if I stopped goofing around with projectiles I don't personally see it as chasing for demos. shrug, I blame Quake.

- Would love to have some TS action would make movie even better.
Heh yes absolutely, sadly it's a somewhat intrusive thing to do, alot of people wouldn't like it if I was recording teamspeak all the time, that and the few times I've recorded a pug it ends up being a 100-200mb mp3 file per pug, hard to keep track of it but it's definitely something I would love to do in a possible future project.

-some sequences are too dark on the golgothas. Dunno why its so dark perhaps cause i use way more brightnes in OGL
I did a few test renders prior to the full rendering of the movie and it all looked fine in my VLC, I did use different settings for Golga2 and Ballistic because I was having saturation issues, mainly with the skyboxes, so might have been a flaw on my end, should have double checked on another media player :\.

No hud was a personal choice, there wasn't much going on expect for lol binds and such, didn't feel the need to include it but maybe for some clips would've been good yeah.

Thanks for the feedback mate, will take it into account on any future projects :)

Must taken alot of time to make. Just hope people will get to watch it. Should post it on youtube to spread it around cause atm u dont know how many has watched it with torrents dl. Hopefully its worth making them but community is small.
It's already on youtube :), in first post.

Production took a total of 16 days (save for the intro that I had already done a while ago), had to re-fraps everything since I got my new PC + monitor, it was surprisingly quick to put together mainly because I'm very organized with my demos and such, re re-cording a total of 127 demos took 2 days, altho that's the reason why some clips could've been cut better, as Ulv stated.

Recorded everything on 1080p, 4K helped with movie editing, can see alot of the timeline as well as having 1920x1080 preview 1:1 scale like this: http://i.imgur.com/U8PujZ9.jpg

As for settings, assuming you're using vegas this is what I used for most clips save for the already mentioned golga2 and balli:

nz3kSjr.png

You can mess around with those 3 FX, I used color correction + white balance in Premiere but just these should work fine as well (try out 'Color Correction Secundary' on Vegas, it's a good replacement)! Apply these sort of settings (tweak them to your taste) to any clip in the timeline, copy it and then click on any other clip and select 'Paste Event Atributes' to copy your settings easily.
9kLnSXG.png

Hope it helps, if you need anything else pm me via IRC but this should cover the quality, as for render settings I used mp4 w/ 20k bitrate @ 1080,60p, but .avi using h.264 is good as well.

Can you post a screenie over ur codecs choice in vegas cbg?
I only think i can choose 30fps in VEGAS is that perhaps cuase i use Vegas v9.0?

Not sure i can choose 60fps in codecs settings in Vegas

If i didnt sum up my previous comments in the end i loved the movie,
Top 3 so far and i got like 70 of them on my computer. =)

//

that amount of layers :wow:

reminds me of a hobbit production blog where they showed that they had 16 different layers simply for an orc scream that lasted less than a second...

u be a pro cbg!

also Dj I notified the cyber-police about your forum post copyright infringement, expect to hear from them soon. :chainsaw:

Haven't been on the forum in ages but I'm glad I did.

Nice to see another UT movie, the quality was awesome.

GJ m8, really liked those moving combos.

Keep them coming.

edit: "You last visited: 14-01-2014 at 17:41" :lol: