Bunny Track League

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

X-Bomb

Aug 16, 2001
London
Often there is some waiting around for people to sign pug, so I thought that this could be a good time filler. How many would be interested in a bunny track league with the following format?

What is Bunny Track?
You have to get to the end of the obstacle course in the quickest time possible

How much time do i have to spend on this?
A season will consist of 8 maps, you only have to play 1 map per week (probably not even 30minutes of your busy life!). This is not an event - you dont have to turn up at a specific time or date. Just ask somebody in irc to observe your run during the week and submit your time in the forum. remember you only get 4 attempts at the map in a "observed" run. So you probably want to do a little bit of practice before you do it. Don't worry the maps chosen will be easy to finish!

But XB - I really cant be bothered to sign up to a league! There is always so much hassle, scheduling etc
This will be a serious or light hearted as YOU want it to be. I know some people are competitive and will compete well, for the rest - you can see this as a challenge and a bit of fun, especially if you haven't tried BT before. You can do it in your own time. There's no schedule, the only requirement is to complete your map once a week, wont take more then 30mins hopefully

Format
  • Minimum 8 players in league
  • 8 maps per season
  • 1 map to be played every week
  • 4 observed attempts/lives per player (Per map)
  • map difficulty = easy

Scoring
  • Person who finishes fastest will score 10 points for the map
  • 2nd place = 9 points
  • 3rd place = 8 points and so on....
  • If multiple people did not finish (DNF) the map they will score based on who reached furthest "obstacle" in the 4 runs they had
  • if you DNF on the same obstacle as someone else your points will be split. e.g if 8th, 9th and 10th players all died at the same obstacle they will score 3 points (8th place) + 2 points (9th place) + 1 point (10th place) / dividend by 3 = 2 points each
  • If you do not compete in a given week, you will score 0
  • The points system could be revised depending on how many people sign up, but its just to give you an idea for now

Why only 4 lives/attempts?
I want to put people under pressure. the better BT players might push themselves to get 1st place/max points and might fail completely in doing so and use all the lives. With 4 runs there is not a lot of room for mistakes. The ideal strategy maybe to put a "banker" time by going steady and then try going for the fastest time possible, with the remaining 3 attempts. This is also cut down the amount of time it takes for administration / observing.

What i need help with
  • First i need to know if there is interest!!! - 8 signups minimum. If there is GENUINE interest - i will make a website so that you can follow everyone's attempts and positions / scores during each season.
  • I will need a webspace with sql database
  • Need a server that can host BT
  • Im not that experienced with BT so I need a list of suggested easy to cap maps, that even the new BT players can do can do
  • Any other thoughts from you guys

If your interested please say so in this thread!

Interested:
XB
Torp
Mex
Twnz

Potential Maps:
SpeedFreaks
Phan Phantom 2

Last edited:
sure nice idea, dunno about easy maps though
some of the active people left in uta are really good at bt

If the only map we play is BT-MiningFacilityCB, sign me up. If not, no.

hallo che,

how hard is it to stick flags on existing assault maps to use bt as timer for speedrun

like flag in riv3 spawn, flag in final room, use bt timer to get exact times so you can race eachtoher