PUG ASSAULT MEGACUP 3vs3 #2 INTEREST POLL

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Would you like to play in 3v3 Cup

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looks like were 20 people signed now :)

We need all these 20 players to idle in #UTAPUG please to be ready for being kicked + playing matches when its OK for every1 included.
Temper FatJeff Lemjay etc we need you to be "active" please and join #UTAPUG so we can communicate with you and organice when to play the matches.
Your captain might need to talk to you to plan the match so plz idle in UTAPUG channel in IRC

Most of you are already.

Well pick captains later 2night IF not 4 more ppl signs. Then we can do 6 teams with 4 in each.

Sphere wez Prom Ulv?

Perhaps red could be captains

01 DJ
02 Killastone
03 Twnz
04 Humak
05 NoMercy
06 Pit
07 Jay
08 Cbg
09 Pogo
10 Mex
11 Lemjay
12 X-Bomb
13 Smant
14 Ert
15 FatJeff
16 Spitter
17 Fable
18 html
19 Temper
20 Hudson

Last edited:
Sphere wez Prom Ulv, you guys should sign, I don't know if UTA will get another event like this outside of survivor. Will be a better event overall and higher quality and therefore higher chance of successful event

Last edited:
If we get 24 signed we do 3 teams each group.

Could do

Runnerup Group A vs Top Group B in SEMI 1
and
Runnerup Group B vs Top Group A in SEMI 2

Then Final

MAX = 4 matches for the finalist.

IMPORTANT tho after we changed format is that every players idles in UTAPUG or it will fail with planning the matches.

Just announce the 4v4 tonight in utapug, maybe then sphere prom wez etc will sign

To piggy back off of what X-Bomb said, the more people we get the more fun that can be had. A MEGA 4v4 cup would be awesome, not just for us to have, but as a way of celebrating 15 years of a beautiful game and promoting Assault. There is a mega crisis right now in terms of the future of Assault in UT4, and showing that UT99 Assault is timeless would benefit all of us.

Fuck, I really don't want to play 3v3 at all costs but I'm throwing myself in the player list and will be active just to help DJ and the community out. Would love to see everyone else do the same :)

Thank You Pato!!

its gonna b 4v4 btw smant

WE NOW NEED 3 MORE ONLY

01 DJ
02 Killastone
03 Twnz
04 Humak
05 NoMercy
06 Pit
07 Jay
08 Cbg
09 Pogo
10 Mex
11 Lemjay
12 X-Bomb
13 Smant
14 Ert
15 FatJeff
16 Spitter
17 Fable
18 html
19 Temper
20 Hudson
21 Pato

4v4? Hell yeah! NO reason for people not to sign up. Do it for the community :)

BTW: Killastone is having some ISP issues he told me. His ISP installed to the apartment above him and not his, he's expecting reconnect this week.

DJ: My server is still available to you! Let's go!

01 dj
02 killastone
03 twnz
04 humak
05 nomercy
06 pit
07 jay
08 cbg
09 pogo
10 mex
11 lemjay
12 x-bomb
13 smant
14 ert
15 fatjeff
16 spitter
17 fable
18 html
19 temper
20 hudson
21 pato
22 sphere

2 more needed

it wont work with the number and quality of players signed.

again id rather see competitve games with tense atmosphere.

3 Games round robin 2v2, top 2 advance
pug wins>map win

AAA LOL Class (2v1)
Jay hudson Killastone wish*

A Class
DJ twnz cbg xb
ert fable sphere wez

B Class
Humak NoMercy Pit Lemjay
Smant FatJeff Spitter html
Temper Pogo Pato mex

Last edited:
Nice one Sneez!!!

@pogo were gonna try this no matter what we try make teams even. This is 4v4 and i will allow teams to pick as many default maps or custom maps they want IF they feel the other team is better fragwise.
This to make it more even. And with coms they could win.

Worth a shot so lets do this now.

Do you want instant final with top team in each group. Or do you want semi finals and then final? Remember its only 3 games in each group which means that only 1 team is out after groupstage if you pick the later choice.

01 dj
02 killastone
03 twnz
04 humak
05 nomercy
06 pit
07 jay
08 cbg
09 pogo
10 mex
11 lemjay
12 x-bomb
13 smant
14 ert
15 fatjeff
16 spitter
17 fable
18 html
19 temper
20 hudson
21 pato
22 sphere
23 sneez
24 ??????

1 WARROR MISSING WHOS IN?????

I've been saying for months, I'm B class, stop putting me in A I can't compete with any of those guys, not even close

I've been saying for months, I'm B class, stop putting me in A I can't compete with any of those guys, not even close

He's right you know. XB and I put up nearly identical stats in a lot of pugs. He's better than B but not near A. XB you're aging poorly!

I Would go for semi finals

I agree with this, if you go straight to the finals, people won't care to play if they are in position 4 or 5 in the group after a couple of matches, they will give up. there needs to be an incentive to keep playing group games until the end, even if that means sneaking 4th spot in a group of 5

also think it's better to have 5 teams instead of stretching for 6. would be much better to have a sub in each team and keep the competition flowing, there's always someone who signs and then disappears mid way, leaving the team in a difficult position

oh and you should update your opening post with the latest details so everyone knows exactly what is going on and the planned format, as you changed it several times, I'm reading back now and I think I'm confused with the whole thing!

Last edited: