Survivor Assault #9 OFFICIAL SIGNUP THREAD

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

html

<B>When i grow up i wanna be like Gandalf The Grey
Jan 28, 2005
Canada
Allright folks it's time for #9

Now HERE'S ALL YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW/DO to signup for this event:

-no money will be handed out if less than 17 people show up (9v9 at least)
-event will be cancelled if less than 13 people show up (7v7 at least)

ONE NIGHT ONLY

Sunday november 30th 2014, 20h00 GMT
On the exact date of UT's 15th anniversary ;)

If you signup for this event you must:
- Agree to join the server I tell you to join ( same machine as pug server ; provided by MyM - possibility of using smants server if most people ping better there )
- Agree to wear the skin I tell you to wear
- Agree to use the nick I tell you to use (follow the 2 digit rule, I will not assign you a specific number)
- Agree to play the maps I tell you to play (there will be more than one non-league map)
- Agree to follow the directions I will provide along the way (I will be in spec mode with admin for the whole event and may have to improvise should problems happen)

THAT IS ALL

if you're still unsure about what survivor assault is, refer to useless's post that clearly explains it or read the detailed rules in the spoiler tag below

OFFICIAL PLAYER LIST:
1. Killastone
2. Dj_AL
3. Cyborg
4. X-Bomb
5. NoMeRcY
6. endgegner
7. Pitbull
8. Pogo (forced him to sign)
9. meXan1k
10. Pato`
11. twnZ
12. Sphere
13. Ulv
14. Hudson
15. Temper
16. Spitter
17. Prometheus
18. icy`
19. Solar
20. fat jeff
21. fatty

Few global points concerning the event: (note that some of these general points might still change up to 48 h. before the event)

-The first 20 people on the OFFICIAL PLAYER LIST will have priority, as long as they showup on time MAX. 20h10
For the order on the list it will simply be first come, first served.
You do not HAVE to signup for this event, although if more than 20 people want in on the day of the event, the people who signed up will have priority.

-Spectator slots will be available for everyone.

-Ace will be used for this event.

-#utapug 's pugbot will be disabled that night between 7 pm GMT and 10 pm GMT to ensure a lag free environment in the early and mid stages of the event (with 20, 18, 16 etc players on the server + specs)

In the spoiler below you will find, all the rules clearly indicated. But don't worry I will repeat them as we go along the way, it's not that complicated, and you do not HAVE TO read them in order to partake in this event.

Here's the section about the part that's different from previous survivors:

The maplist is not final yet and i'm open to suggestions on it. (map+player size+immunitys)

Last edited:
Rules and setup of the event:

- The server will be set up in match mode with slight tweaks:
-2 minute countdown before a map start instead of 1 (I will ask everyone to click once im done explaining the immunity/dealing with issues if there are any)
in the off chance that a bug happens with the match mode and the time is fucked, I will take direct action and ask a team to let the other run through, so I can switch the map again with a proper time, just do as I say in game and all should run smoothly even if we get stupid bugs.
-no map limit, the score of the red and blue team will never matter, even in the final 2v2 I will manually keep track of the score (not like it's hard to count to 5 eh)

-Everyone will be forced to have a 2 digit nickname of a number between 01 and 99 inclusively. NO "fifty-two" or "000100110" smartass bullshit. If someone already has your number when you join the server UT will set you up with the nick Player_x, just reconnect asap with a different number.
this will provide anonimity as a god amongst men named Timo coded a mutator JUST FOR US :love: that will mask the ping, netspeed and authuser
note that you will still be able to see your own ping by using the f6 key

-Everyone will be forced to wear the Male Soldier>RawSteel skin, in honor of our patron MyM. (the face and voice is up to you but bonus points for wearing the Arkon face)
what do bonus points do? They make me and MyM smile.
disclaimer: if you meet MyM irl he may or may not actually look like RawSteel Arkon

-There will be NO teamspeak or captains for the teams. (you may join utapug ts with me after you're eliminated though)
Yes it will make the defences very disorganised but that is sort of the point, get maps rolling and get objectives fast. Remember that winning or losing a map has no effect whatsoever, untill the 3v3 map ; except of course determining who gets to attack first... but that's it.

-Under no circumstance are you allowed to change your nick after the warmup map, keep the same number untill you're eliminated or you're part of the final 2v2 teams. (read: STAY AWAY FROM NAMECHANGE BINDS)

DO NOT give your team password to ANYONE ELSE
DO NOT tell ANYONE ELSE who you really are
, unless you're eliminated or the 2v2 teams are already picked. (the point of this is anonimity)
You may lie about who you are, in all chat or teamsay, what I do NOT want to see is friends telling each other their numbers so they don't vote each other off....if I suspect that happened there will be dire consequences.)

Plan of the event:

19h55: Everyone be in #utapug on irc.utassault.net, there I will give the name of the temporary irc channel that you must join (on irc.utassault.net)

20h00: That channel will be moderated (you won't be able to speak in it), there I will repeat a few ground rules for the event. Once everyone is in the channel, I will crosscheck everyone present with the OFFICIAL PLAYER LIST and voice the first 20 names.
then I will choose the red and blue team for the game but keep that information for myself.
I will take a whole 15 minutes to make properly balanced teams, start the server, and answer some questions

20h15: I will pm each of you individually with the server ip and password for your team.

20h~20: There will be a special warmup map where I will make sure everyone follows the rules of nick/skin.
20h~45: The first real map will begin.
???????: maps will go on with 2 players getting eliminated every map, once you're eliminated you'll have to go on irc to get the spectator password
???????: after the 3v3 map the final 2v2 teams will be known and a best of 3 will be played
All in all it should take about 1.5 - 3 hours.

The actual survivor gameplay specifics:

-Each real map will feature an objective designated as the Immunity.
-There MUST be a player with Immunity on both teams at the end of a map.
-These players with immunity (1 on each team) must decide at the end of every map to vote anyone(with one exception) off their own team, even themselves if they choose to.
-Secondary immunity's are only used in case the primary immunity is defended by one or both teams, the primary immunity will void any secondary immunity. And the highest secondary immunity taken will also always void lower ones. (in game I will remind you of the immunity's before every map except one; this way: Charge 4>Final Assault>Secondary assault>Main gate)
- A Permanent Immunity will be given for anyone on defence being topfrags +1 (alone at topfrags, no ties) for 3 consecutive maps. Only the 5v5 map and those above will count for this rule.
-The Permanent Immunitys are really hard to obtain and will ONLY provide protection from being voted off by other players on your team with the immunity. In other words, it's a straight ticket to the 3v3, UNLESS you get an immunity on a map and decide to vote yourself off.
-getting a main immunity on many maps or getting more than one permanent immunity will have no special effect at all, the rules stated above still apply
-There will be a limit of 2 players with Permanent Immunity per team. Should more than 2 players in the same team get a Permanent Immunity only the first 2 will count.

The maplist:

The warmup map will be a full 2 round of a special map, no matter how many people are in the server, no immunity for this map and no one voted off.

The 10v10 map (if applicable) will be: Gladiator][
Immunity: Winning the map
Secondary Immunity's: Switch One > Ancient Warrior > Bridge
A Permanent immunity will be awarded to a player who kills the ancient warrior with his hammer. (hard as fuck but doable)

The 9v9 map (if applicable) will be: NaliColony_preview5 (the version currently on #utapug)
Secondary Immunity's: Red switch>Train>Virus

The 8v8 map (if applicable will be: Bridge
Immunity: Charge 4
Secondary Immunity's: Final Assault > Secondary assault > Main gate
A Permanent immunity will be awarded to the first player on defence who gets a godlike (on both rounds)

The 7v7 map will be: GolgothaAL
Immunity: Dungeon Switch
Secondary Immunity's: Hurons path > Temple doors

The 6v6 map will be: Ballistic
Immunity: Warhead
Secondary Immunity's: Generator > Main gate

The 5v5 map will be: Desertstorm
Secondary Immunity's: Samsite > Scud > Bunker

The 4v4 map will be: TheDungeon]|[AL
Secondary Immunity's: Falls > Lake

The 3v3 map will be: Frigate
Secondary Immunity's: Hydraulic > Entering ship

The tricky part
a.k.a where it get's interesting

The player with immunity from the winning team of the 3v3 map will get to choose his 2v2 partner from the 4 remaining players (his 2 teammates and the 2 players on the opposite team that do not have immunity)
After that the player with immunity from the losing team will choose his 2v2 partner from the remaining 3 players.
The last 2 are considered voted off.
Only AFTER the 2v2 teams are chosen will the players finally reveal themselves, the nick and skin restrictions will be lifted, the players of the 2v2 teams may join teampspeak if they want to etc.

The player with immunity from the losing team, and his 2v2 teammate will get to choose the first map of the best of 3.
I will instruct the players for map choices afterwards.

To make sure you understand ''The tricky part' there is an example in the spoiler tag below
Here is an example to make sure everyone understands:
say the teams of 3v3 map are as follows and the map is bridge
01 = BlackNinja
02 = promax
03 = QiutiQ
04 = twnZ
05 = hudson
06 = Dj
say blue attacks first, wins the map in 4 minutes, and player 04 gets the charge 4 (the immunity)
then red attacks but blue succesfully defend everything except main gate door pressure and second assault, and say player 03 got second assault, he will have the immunity.

Now since the blue team won the map, player 04 will get to choose his 2v2 teammate out of player 05, 06, 01 and 02. Let's say twnZ thinks player 06 is Sudeki` so he picks him. Then player 03 gets to choose his 2v2 partner from player 01, 02 and 05. Now let's say QQ thinks player 05 is actually twnZ so he picks him.
Unfortunately bn and promax are left out so they are considered "voted off"
then players 03 and 05 will face players 04 and 06, only when this has been finally decided will these 4 players finally be able to reveal themselves to us all by switching to their real nicks, at this point you cannot lie. That moment should be intense and maybe funny also since the players might not have selected the partner they thought they wanted. :rofl:
in this scenario after the players reveal themselves, QQ and hudson would have to choose the first map of the best of 3 or best of 5 vs team twnZ-Dj, they can choose ANY assault map, except that I have to agree to it and it has to be on the server.

Teh moonie$:
each member of the winning 2v2 team will receive 15 of their local currency (CAD, USD, GBP or EUR only)
why 15? it's the 15th anniversary of UT!

Please keep in mind that no moonie$ will be awarded if less than 17 people show up. Soooo if you want to win some $ make sure people do show up :D

Last edited:
Hmm a saturday really?

Never ppl around on saturdays.

Not sure i can make this on a saturday bul till try.

Think u get more sign ups on the sunday isntead?

Hmm a saturday really?

Never ppl around on saturdays.

Not sure i can make this on a saturday bul till try.

Think u get more sign ups on the sunday isntead?

i'm well aware sundays are traditionally the best time for an event ; the previous 8 events (i always count the double event i held on saturday/sunday as 1) have been held on sundays.

However the sundays were booked on ownedwell's side and I think the risk of having less players is worth taking to get an epic shoutcasting of, hopefully, 20 people running around on gladiator trying to kill the warrior with the impact hammer :D You've got to admit 10v10 gameplay isn't found anywhere else in UT and gladiator is one of the easiest map to spectate in free camera mode, if I was watching a stream I think i'd like to see strange/new/cool stuff like that!

Last edited:
I'm in, but I don't know why having owned well casting would be good for assault. please make it clear this is not assault in its true sense.

I'm in, but I don't know why having owned well casting would be good for assault. please make it clear this is not assault in its true sense.

Yes don't worry thats part of the reason im announcing the event so early its so I have ample enough time to explain everything to the casters. Smants showmatch was the first contact they had with real assault. I'll definitely make it clear it's not standard assault either, it's a special event ; but i do expect you guys will still do some on the fly hammer sets and rocket launches as you did in past survivor events.

I'm even considering being part of the shoutcasting to make sure the event is portrayed in the right light and emphasize that UT99's open ended maps and gameplay allows for wild and fun variations like this. However shoutcasting and hosting the event might proove to be too much multitasking for my brain... if i don't participate in the shoutcast i'll definitely make sure the commentators understand.

I have hopes that people at epic can see that you can have big open ended maps with fast gameplay in assault without the need for vehicles. All you need is a proper hammer and rocketlauncher!

Also the maplist is not necessarely final im open to suggestions on it. (map player size immunitys)
though keep in mind it has to be decent to spectate in freefly mode (subbase and astheno would be terrible full of narrow corridors)

Since it looks like Killastone is playing you can also sign me up.

If that is not painfully obvious to anyone spectating then let's just give up all hope. Unfortunately I have absolutely no doubts that idiots exist. I live in a country willingly run by Republicans.

Survivor is a unique opportunity to showcase the diversity of Assault and create a true spectacle. Should be fun.

im in but it will be weird if they stream it
not only they don't really know assault and maps but they will have random numbers
so they wont know players either until the end

im in but it will be weird if they stream it
not only they don't really know assault and maps but they will have random numbers

streamers don't know who pitbull is anyway :P

they will have random numbers

THAT'S
THE
FUCKING
POINT

How is that difficult to understand? That creates a spectacle for observers and allows casters to speculate and have a very fun time.