Registration on the forums

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

doh

hodlike
Oct 21, 2001
Denmark
User registration on the forums are now moderated, which means that you will be unable to post anything on the forums without having your account approved by an admin first.

This is done to block spam bots, and other unwanted users.

Since we get a ton of registration requests from bots, you will have to contact an admin when you've registered your nick to have it approved. You can do this on IRC, or by asking a mate already registered to send a forum PM.

you will have to contact an admin when you've registered your nick to have it approved. You can do this on IRC, or by asking a mate already registered to send a forum PM.

Not sure if this helps an already diminishing league. It doesn't help new players who maybe want to join but don't know anyone. What do they do?

What new players? Anyone "new" will already know people in the league, who can ask an admin.

aye, no one ''new'' will hear about this league without knowing someone already in it.

good decision imo :thumb:

spambots are annoying

Let's wait for the new spambot generation that is able to contact an admin via IRC to have the registration approved :rolleyes:

Isn't it easier to create an anti spambot question. Usually they are very simple but only to be answered by humans.
Like for example: 'Are you a spambot?'

Problem is that most registrations aren't actually made by bots, but rather by people. Eg, underpaid Chinese workers, or mallware infected PCs which forces users to fill out CAPTCHAs

Hi all, I'm new - was able to register by ICQ'ing some people. Thanks.

I used to play UT 1999 and loved it. Didn't need anything more, then 2004 came along and the matches dried up (and I got married, had some kids....)

Anyhow, I still have an itching to play. Any suggestions? Or, should I just move into the next century and accept UT 3?

Anyhow, hi.

Email (along with downloads) hasn't worked since toasty (the server) died. >3 years ago.