UT99 Assault Showmatch Day 26/10

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

well that was a shame wasting almost 30 min with that server should have done it on uta one from the get go
I watched bali last map they didn't really know much about gen and they missed warhead on 2nd attack
funny how dj snuck by xb who didnt even see him even commentators lold a bit there
they also refer to our hammers/rocket launches as boosting but they know we need it in ut4 so u neva know!

good initiative with the event but too bad about server setup

hindsight is 20/20, biggest problem with event is server setup, its happened time and again where the server balls up, they dont work as expected even when you think you have it all planned out. That kinda f00ked everything up with people joining wrong teams.

Would be nice if we get another shot. if we do i propose:

1) server test 30minutes before
2) fixed teams, max 1 sub per team
3) more linear and easier to follow maps, siege][, ballistic, autorip, etc

The launching ones were just too much to follow from what i saw on the stream

but nice try, shame it didnt showcase as expected

First off, thanks all for tuning in and helping. We had over 100 viewers on Twitch, including some current developers for UT4 and Epic Games developers. That's a great start for the future of Assault!

My most sincere apologies for the issues with the server setup. html set the server up perfectly, but there was a last-minute reset to the server by Timo to help get pugstats working. Due to the shitty hosting company I chose to go with (Gameservers) to save myself some money, html's configuration got borked and deleted configuration. Again, this fuckup was horrible and I apologize. A lot of things got done a bit too last-minute due to me working 50+hrs a week, so I'd like to truly show my appreciation for html for setting server, MyM for providing Teamspeak, Ulv for pitching in here and there, Killastone and Pogo for helping teach the casters a bit about Assault, the casters from OwnedWell in particular for granting Assault some additional exposure and everyone who participated to make this event ultimately resemble some form of small success in the wake of my server failure.

Going forward I'd be interested in trying to organize an event like this in the future (with some help, please) and continue both providing UTA with some fun events and providing some exposure for Unreal Tournament Assault and trying to influence the future. I'm still looking for people to help develop UT4 Assault and would love for the community to pitch in.

Thanks again everyone who attended, it was great seeing a lot of old faces come back and show support for this event, such as Vitzy, Grz, Teks, icy`, Maxiz, KrazyIvan etc.

Last edited:
What xb said.

idk for how long you've paid for that server but it had really sick ping for me and some others, real shame we didn't get to play there, hopefully something like this can be set up before that server goes offline, as long as things go smooth.

If you're planning on arranging another event I can lend a hand with w/e I can, as long as it's on weekends.

Was fun.

I'm doing alright financially for a change (but that might change soon) so I paid 3 months in advance for it, after that I'll need donations for it or will shut it down. Might speak with MyM about setting a PUG up there if people are interested.

funny how dj snuck by xb who didnt even see him even commentators lold a bit there

just seen demo, that was one of the craziest things ever. Since i forgot how to fraps stuff hope DJ will make a clip.

On TS, I was like "where DJ he go?" and Cyb goes hes behind me :confused:

good effort for making this happen

Shit happens with servers usually do.
Think they got it anyway how its played and how intense it is.

That warhead on XB was fucking insane. Will show you later. XB was so confused lol.

And i agree with CBG to bad we dont get to play on a server like that

MASSIVE diffrence compared to the UTAPUG with Congento provider

From 19 jumps tio 7 jumps and from 40 to 20 ms. Felt lika playing offline really. :)

i just have watched it once again. all in all the reporters of ownedwell did a good job. For not knowing how everything works, they gave a good insight and explanations to other assaultnewbies. In Siege and Golgotha they did best in my opinion. I enjoyed it.

Thanks

Wanted to thank all you guys involved in playing and participating in this! It was very fast paced and fun to watch, even for assault noobs :D
Also great job on the explanation videos, I had PMs saying they were really good for explaining what the hell was going on.

The entire recap is available here: http://www.ownedwell.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=241

Hope to see you guys again soon!

Wanted to thank all you guys involved in playing and participating in this! It was very fast paced and fun to watch, even for assault noobs :D
Also great job on the explanation videos, I had PMs saying they were really good for explaining what the hell was going on.

The entire recap is available here: http://www.ownedwell.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=241

Hope to see you guys again soon!

Chica thanks again for helping to organize the Assault showcase and reaching out to our community. As you can see, the overall feedback has been highly positive and I hope our communities can join forces in the future to put on another good show! Sorry again about the server difficulties at the start, but your team handled it with poise and professionalism which we all appreciated. Cheers :)

Shit happens, it's how you deal with it that matters.

It was still enjoyable evening for all those involved - the viewers & all star players didn't mind the delay either. We've all been there. So it's all good.

Get organising cause we want more :P