UT99 Assault Showmatch Day 26/10

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

looks like we are 13 signed so far

u sohuld premake teams to make em us even as possible

what about

Wish Sphere Hudson Killastone Pitbul Fatty

vs.

DJ TWNZ Mex NoMercy CBG Smant

PATO not incl.
whos gonna be 1st sub

Hi DJ! In the thread I requested people to volunteer as captains to work with me to create fair teams and tactics. We will play 7 maps no matter what so the score won't matter, but it is important to have a fair and competitive game to highlight the importance of Assault to the game of Unreal Tournament.

I am resistant to not including Pato as well - he is an important community members who has very strong relationships with the Owned Well crew and he signs up and shows for every event. I would much rather grant him the opportunity to play than me! However, as I said, we wiwillive everyone who shows up an opportunity to play.

The things I am most focused on at this point are creating a write up and promotion, and teaching the casters a bit about Assault. Any help in these areas is appreciated.

i think you should have one standard map first so that most will understand whats going on

rook hammer off the roof would be neat to show but the :snot: will reflect poorly :D
mazon start rocket launching, rocket shot chains, ripper shot crystal
overlord have someone derp some rockets to attacking team for fun, so they can launch top and drop in

have the caster? spec some pugs, i can ts with him so he knows what to watch for

U should start with frigate.

EAsy map and easy objectives and with luanches and alot of tactics

After that perhaps easier custom maps not to big like desertstorm and autorip

after that perhaps ballistic / bridge

While I appreciate your input DJ and pogo :)love:), you're like a week late to the party. Maplist has been set previously. We can probably set Frigate to the warmup map though, that's a good idea.

@pogogoogogogogogogogoOGogogogogogoogog: Casters will be on TS + my serv tonight 7pm EST (we all work weekdays) if you wanna come by and halp, otherwise I've given them the invitation to drop by. m3ss might still be on IRC if you wanna hit him up.

havent been here a while and i stumbled on these posts tbh.
Nice going arranging this ! :D

May i post a thought though>?
Maybe instead of fixing the games (by having someone derping the rox @overlord) play each level twice. The first time 3 guys on the attacking teams run through the map
1) showing objectives
2) giving live commentary on where you`d expect enemies to defend from
3) setting up the basic launches, rippers and rox

So first showcase the assault options, then play for real to show them how it would be done.

Finally try explaining that launching (hammer and rox) takes the linearity out of a game. Its hard for starting players but it plays a major role in the longevity of the game given that people are able to invent their own routes/shortcuts to the objective.

my 2 cents.
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Already being done thx Flow good to see you! Tell your bro to come around sometime too ;)

Thought you'd like to know we've started promoting the event, perhaps you could to help like & share :)

assaultbanner.png

Announcement on OW forums: http://www.ownedwell.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=220

FB: https://www.facebook.com/ownedwell

Twitch: www.twitch.tv/ownedwell with mrgrins, m3ss and PACO & whoever else joins the party ;)

I'm excited!

ASSAULT THE BASE :snot:

@DJ: That question has already been answered.

@HULKSHASH Thank you for putting that information up there, also follow http://twitch.tv/smantz0rZ «

@fat_jeff du fette kartoffel, we're going to have videos showing the maps beforehand, and have explained to the casters so that they may reiterate. Since there's a bit of a time crunch for some people we won't spend all day doing that, it's a waste of time and takes viewers away from the action. We will spend some time before the match begins showing people the maps as well / discussing Assault. We have also been in contact with Epic.

looks nice

fragging with a side of support vs support with a side of fragging...

i wont be able to make it though, some stupid friend got his girl pregnant on his ikea sofa... will be a mega massive camera respectful bachelor party though :rofl:

would rather spec tbh so if anybody wants my spot go ahead
but if u rly need me I'll play

Won't allow spectators aside from casters FYI - your original post saying you'd sign seemed much more definitive.

We'll do our best to allow everybody to play - if you don't mind swapping with some people if we have to many, that's fine. Let's just make sure everybody tries to have fun and we put on a good show :D

yea that's why I even offered to opt out if there are more who wanna play
and on the speccing part if I cannot do that I guess I could just watch the stream