UT99 Assault Showmatch Day 26/10

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

endgegner

The Saviour of UTA. Worship me as DJ worships sofa
Mar 5, 2006
Boston
Attention: Due to unfortunate scheduling changes involving Daylight Savings Time, it's necessary to do this event 30 minutes prior, at 19:30 GMT.
There's been some interest about organizing a showmatch for UT Assault on 25.10. The ultimate goal of this is to showcase Assault's amazing gameplay for the development of UT4 in hopes of showing why UT99 Assault > all. OwnedWell productions is willing to stream this, which will allow us to get around ~200 viewers and the direct attention of UT4 developers.

Ideally I would like to have one (maybe two or three!) 6vs6 PUGs, well-organized teams, with an opportunity to play with some tactics, teamplay, launches etc. I'd like to create a fun environment where we focus both on competition and fun play, so let's see if we can create some teams where we can play with friends and enjoy UT Assault like the good days :) Again, the goal is to showcase how Assault is better than everything else, and have fun in the process.

As of right now I don't have any sort of prize for this, the reward will be to have fun and make an Assault that we can all enjoy in the future. If this goes well and works as intended, I may purchase a UE4 development subscription for 3 community members to help develop UT4 Assault the way UTA wants it.

Event date:SUNDAY October 26th
Time: 19:30GMT
Attention: Due to unfortunate scheduling changes involving Daylight Savings Time, it's necessary to do this event 30 minutes prior, at 19:30 GMT.

TEAMS:
Due to players signed, teams will be done to give each team at least 8 confirmed players and four'maybe' sign-ups. The 'maybe' sign-ups marked in italics should not take precedent over players who signed up and confirmed definitively in advance, but teams should make every effort to provide every player with an opportunity to play. Per html's sign up, he will captain Red and I will captain Blue unless someone else wants to do it. I will likely drop mid-game to allow for others to play and at that time will need someone to take over.

Please idle in #showmatch at least 30 minutes prior to the start of the game. Thank you!

Blue:
w1sh
DJ_AL
eRt
nightwing
smant*
Mexanik
Pitbull
pogo
Killastone
kR4ZyIv4N
Solar
Maxiz!

Red Team:
Twnz
Sphere
Cyborg
NoMercy
X-Bomb
html*
Hudson
Jaybone
Ulv
Fatty
sneez
Bart

Please sign up with your interest in this thread as "Definitely" or "Maybe." If you wouldn't mind being a captain for one of the pugs please let me know. Thanks all for supporting.
Signed up:
smant
Mexanik
Killastone
Twnz
nightwing
Sphere
NoMercy
DJ_AL
Fatty
Cyborg
Hudson
w1sh
Pitbull
eRt
Jaybone
html

Maybe:
html*
pogo
sneez
Ulv
X-Bomb
Maxiz!
Solar
kR4ZyIv4N
Bart!

Notes: In the spirit of upholding a fun and competitive environment, we will do our best to ensure that every player who shows up gets the opportunity to play. I have listed a few rules which I would appreciate get adhered to:
Rules:
1) In the interest of having fun, please no flaming. Yes, we will have to do some acting for this, but it should be fun!
2) No whining. Maps will be pre-set, and winners and losers do not matter.
3) Please use an in-game name you are most commonly associated with, and stick with it throughout the game. This will help casters refer to you, and people watching stream to recognize you. For example, I should play as "smant" rather than "endgegner" because that is the name people most identify me with.
4) If possible, please show up 30 minutes prior to the start of the event.
5) Have fun!

Last edited:
Sounds good to me, Ill always play and show support for whats left of the assault community. Its a great way to show them what assault should be, also gives mappers who dont make assault maps the opportunity to play with some features of UED otherwise ignored. Would be awesome to see Assault on such a insane engine, (assault done correctly).

Keep me posted brother, I'll play for sure!

On another note. I cant see Assault in UT4 going over to well without the assault communities input... So yeah, This is a great idea , Give them an idea of what assaulters want, like, and will play to no end.

maybe for now, to be confirmed closer to date
don't mind being catpain (vs similar skill only or premade teamz)

put me on Maybe.
My sister's coming to visit that weekend, and I dunno if I'll be back in time after I've dropped her off at the airport.

I can't play in this date, but I think its a very good idea and it would be really awesome if UT4 will have a nice Assault mod with hammer and rocket launches and hammer jumps.

I hope you/we get som nice footage to show the developers so we steer them in the right direction.