WC fantasy footie

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I would assume its like previous years, you pick a squad and then your starting 11.
As matches are played you can make substitutions, say you have someone from Brazil who gets sent off in 32nd minute in 1st day you can then swap him out for an England player from your bench as they are yet to play. If that England player gets sent off in 1st minute after scoring an own goal then that's too bad, you can't swap him back to the Brazilian.

I think mym is right as usual!

just be sure to do following
-check which players have their games first
-put them according to date
-swap the lowest points out if needed
-captain can be reassigned as well I think after all the games on that day are played
(unless captain gets a red then I think not only u cannot swap captain but u cannot swap the player out either)

MAN I DONT GET THIS SOMETHING IS WRONG

and Pit i think ur wrong according to the rules they say:

For example if you have placed NEYMAR on Your Pitch and he did not perform as well as you expected after the first match you can replace him with a forward from your bench that hasn’t already played during the current round. You would lose the points from NEYMAR for the round but the new player might get more points.

And then they say this which is the opposite really which means you can only sub out player in Rounds who HAS not played.

You can change every player in your line-up that has not already played during the current round for any other relevant player in your squad that hasn’t already played.

Can we sub a player out if he has points and played for another or not?? The statement above tells otherwise IMO

Think the wording of their rules is very confusing.

Im pretty sure it works as I and Pitbull said.

Pick a squad
Pick starting 11 (obviously put the ones that play matches earliest in the team 1st)
You can change any of those starting 11 after the match is confirmed for any sub that hasn't played

I believe their statement is trying to make you aware that you can not swap players for those that have started their matches. ie you pick a player for your team that doesn't play, you cant suddenly change them mid match to someone from your bench that is playing.

OK that was quiet obvious tho.
Their statment was bit confusing imo

But i think its clear now.

The only thing that is not clear is if im gonna risk alot or not.
Pick 12 really good players and 11 crap 1M each

OR

16 Semi good and 7 crap, so be able to sub out if they doesnt score as good.

Grrr:)

Players can only play in their designated position. For example, you can't play a designated defender as a midfielder or forward.

What does this mean really??

In Round 1:

If i pick 4-3-3 as formation.

ill have 3 forwards but Sturrdige was CRAP and scored 0 points. Can i not sub him out for a midfielder who plays the day after (still round 1)?

The formation auto changes to a 4-4-2

OR
is it defender for defender , mid for mid and attacker for attacker?
This decides really how to pick squad of 23 players.

That rule is pretty much self explanatory, you seem to be over complicating it by adding in what they could mean.

You cant play a defender as an attacker, or a goal keeper as a midfielder.

You can change your formation, so for example you can take off Neymar for Pirlo but you couldn't sub Hart for Pirlo

Team awful now signed up, need defend my crown.. think i baught too many "premium" players this time around tho lol sub bench is all iran

i think it should be pretty clear by now but as mym said u can only place a player in his designated position however u can work around it by changing formation
example u play 3-4-3 and one forward scores low then u can change to say 3-5-2 and swap him out for a mid player

just be sure to check dates on games and players cuz i had one benched once that had a game and then i couldn't use him
will be more clear once it starts, then we will see exactly when we can swap or change capts-formation etc... usually that was after each matchday has completed its games

My statements were true in that link and the image proves it (bottom of it). Insp won the league you don't have any title for finishing #7 in the league :lol: ...

Last edited:
Xbomb, if you're so good at this game, why not sign up now? Would be easy to win for you.

My statements were true in that link and the image proves it (bottom of it). Insp won the league you don't have any title for finishing #7 in the league :lol: ...

your very bitter - i won the WC as per my post here from the image its clear to see the path taken to victory. accept it and be humble. I'm sorry that you faced higher ranked opponents and that the stars did not align for you to gain victory, but I would have congratulated you had you won.

Insp won the World Cup "league", I won the World Cup Tournament.

Thanks have a nice day!

Last edited:
Xbomb, if you're so good at this game, why not sign up now? Would be easy to win for you.

i did not claim to be so good , i merely stated that i will not be participating in the competition this time around.

Thanks and have a nice day:)

what the last fantasy also shows, is how many people have gone away from the league 4 years is a long timE!

your very bitter - i won the WC as per my post here from the image its clear to see the path taken to victory. accept it and be humble. I'm sorry that you faced higher ranked opponents and that the stars did not align for you to gain victory, but I would have congratulated you had you won.

Insp won the World Cup "league", I won the World Cup Tournament.

Thanks have a nice day!

The path where you faced only 3 weak opponents who ended up between 10 and 20th rank.
That image shows i finished first during group stages ( then insp took over to win the league afterwards ) then won the playoffs between the first 8 with torp vs me as final. More games won and stronger opponents.

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1204/sanstitrelt.png