WC fantasy footie

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Bit confused about the rules

COMPLETE YOUR LINE-UP!
Round 1 runs from 12-17 June

Add players onto Your Pitch by clicking on open positions, or by adding them from your squad (located on the right).

You do not need to save your team. Your line-up is automatically saved as soon as you select players.

Once a match has started, all involved players are locked and unavailable for the rest of the Round.

You can remove players from Your Pitch during the Round, but you will lose any points they have scored in the round.

Select a captain for double points! Any points your captain scores this round will be doubled.

What does this mean?
If a player gets red in the first round i can sub him off?

Whats the use then with gettin -3 if i can swap him....
bit confusing these rules or ? :shout:

It first says its locked but the line after that you can swap him out.
I dont get it

Last edited:
No one knows... Rules are too confusing. I've no idea if we will be able to swap players between every game, match day or round so I don't know if i have to pick a strong starting 11 with 2-3 decents subs + cheapies or a decent 23 men squad.
Too many players out of position ( azpi and lahm classed as midfielders :rofl: , iranian attackers who are actually defenders after checking ) . Also the possibility to hack the game easily to have more than 3 players per team.
what a mess don't think i'll bother if rules arent clarified before wc starts

I would assume its like previous years, you pick a squad and then your starting 11.
As matches are played you can make substitutions, say you have someone from Brazil who gets sent off in 32nd minute in 1st day you can then swap him out for an England player from your bench as they are yet to play. If that England player gets sent off in 1st minute after scoring an own goal then that's too bad, you can't swap him back to the Brazilian.

But can you sub him out to yet another 3rd player that still hasnt played MyM?

Do you know?
What do they mean then with "Locked" is that only my full size team 23 players that they mean are locked and can not change?

I would assume its like previous years, you pick a squad and then your starting 11.
As matches are played you can make substitutions, say you have someone from Brazil who gets sent off in 32nd minute in 1st day you can then swap him out for an England player from your bench as they are yet to play. If that England player gets sent off in 1st minute after scoring an own goal then that's too bad, you can't swap him back to the Brazilian.

Yes I think it 'll work that way otherwise it's pointless to pick 23 players ... but it's just assumptions it's not clear at all

Yes I think it 'll work that way otherwise it's pointless to pick 23 players ... but it's just assumptions it's not clear at all

Or maybe you have to pick a 23man squad because transfers are not allowed during group stages. too confusing

so you can changer ur players during whole group stage lol until ur pleased with the score each player has.....
strange really as there is no transfers in 2 weeks.

There is a risk tho with chaning a player and u used all 20 players perhaps
But it means u can risk and gamble if to far behind....

No it resets for every match days => After every game in the 8 groups have been played you'll be able to pick from your entire squad again for the next round

Round No. Round Description Date Maximum players per country Number of transfers
1 1st group phase 12-17 June (6d) 3 Initial squad
2 2nd group phase 17-22 June (6d) 3 0
3 3rd group phase 23-26 June (4d) 3 0

Last edited:
aha think i understand then.

Groupstage 1 = round 1

U first pick all 23 players u want to use through alla groupstages.

Then u pick 11 in groupstage 1. If a player suxx like if FRED in brasil gets 0 points. I can sub him out in groupstage 1 for another english players and hope he does more. And if he suxx i can sub to a player who plays last day in grupstage 1 ? I can do that untill groupstage 1 is finished?

Then it restarts with gropstage 2 with 0 points again.

Format looks roughly same as last time, and the rules.. but struggling with this website and layout its awful.

Rules have been updated :

"You can change every player in your line-up that has already played during the current round for any other relevant player in your squad that hasn’t already played."

yeah that made more scense

was so confusing before

So now u can risk swapping out a 3 point player and gamble to make more points within each round.
Nice i like it