New Unreal Tournament [Real, not speculation]

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

RCL is an awesome dev, I've been watching what he's doing from afar and talked with him a few times in #UE4Linux on Freenode. You might be interested Quasi!

voted too, good to see UT99 is winning

It's more than just voting- voting in a poll doesn't mean much to the developers, and this has been said on their stream. It's important to actually support your reasoning with rational points (and not just copy+paste mine *cough cough*) to actually influence the developers.

While this game is being developed by community members, Epic is still making the "core" of the game, so weapons, rocket launches, hammer launches, and overall gameplay will be determined by Epic and no one else. Be vocal so that they hear us and we don't get a repeat of 2k4 or forgotten about like UT3.

Promax linked us to an official question from the Epic development team asking if people want Adrenaline in game: https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?6867-Adrenaline

I'm personally pretty opposed to the idea of adrenaline, I don't like the idea of someone being able to get close to an objective for example and move 2x as fast or take less damage, I think that has the potential to really screw the game up. Hope you guys can share your opinions as well.

i cant remember what adrenaline was, is it a pick up, or something you build up by fragging?

if its a pick up, it can be removed from AS maps

i think when u got to 100 adrenaline you could choose from various power ups to use , like speed boost ,shield etc

was good in dm tbh but don't think it really works in as or ctf imo

Some thoughts moving forward:

I think it's going to be really difficult to sway peoples' opinions on launching. I would like to invite community members to put forth some ideas on how we can work to convince others of the beauty of assault launching.

I'd also like to consider putting together a final UTA community movie for the 15th year of UT. Anyone interested in contributing?

If anyone would like to go on a server and make some videos with me about launching I'd appreciate the help -

There were loads of assault tricks and launching movies made just after the Fooze video came out like 10 years ago. Not many of them made it onto YouTube as I don't think YouTube existed then, but I'm fairly sure my brother has a hard disk with them on somewhere.

Here is the only example I could find ... got all nostalgic watching that video ... assault was awesome in its prime with 4 divisions (+ 2 divisions of mercs). Would be great to see it revived.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4lVT36P7_4

I've got loads of old UT movies, check the attachment, some other non ut stuff also in there.
We should really put Killerdude's (?) Uta Pug movie on youtube for those forums to see and the community movies also.

Attachments

• UTmovies.jpg
    UTmovies.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited: