New Unreal Tournament [Real, not speculation]

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I am also considering purchasing that editor. Building looks in deed easier and since there are so many tutorial videos already its easier to pick up some knowledge.

Blueprints look great, especially if you are not a programmer like me. Its even so advance that you can more or less drag and drop dynamic elements from one map to another. Especially the tedious work will be mich quicker i'd expect.

We need to take the initiative mates and build this thing ahead of epic and the 2k4 crews

count me in anything i can do to help

The time I used the engine I found it really intuitive and easy to navigate from UEd2 and worth it if you're interested in editing maps, Pykenike.

X-Bomb: I tried streaming a PUG today and got someone from Epic to watch, but Twitch went down a couple maps in. If people want to organize big pugs and get good comms on TS ping me and I'll do so again, but for the future we have two strategies which I think are important:
?Bombard their forums with Assault players requesting UT99 style physics and Assault with hammer launches - there are some really stupid people out there who think that hammer launches will kill Assault, and want vehicles in it. :puke:
?We need some sort of big event which can draw the attention of Epic, modders, and the community. The 15th anniversary of UT is in November, and it would be nice to have some Assault representation in the festivities.*​

*inb4 seas_ to starts anti-smant tyrade because of mentioning Assault event

I got the itch after looking at some UE4 videos (completely going against my own advice), so dumped a month into it.

The month has given me source access and updates for that period, but also after that period (if i cancel) I still have full access to the source at that version (which won't change too much once stable), plus lifetime access to the editor.

Also, I've been playing with Blueprints quite a bit, and there's plenty we can do with just that. Once weapons and a basic UI are in, I'm fairly comfortable we can do the rest through the APIs.

I've already started work on some Assault style codebits (better triggers, basic fortstandards), ahead of the game type work coming from Epic.

Mapping is so much easier now too, none of this building shit, it all happens on the fly. The only downside is my lack of creativity when it comes to proper 3D modelling. I'm still of the UT99 school of mapping with basic shapes.

Gonna need some people with experience of Blender or similar; or somewhere where we can get pre-built assets I guess?

Che /Snuggs ??

:)

me and dj will bankroll whoever needs the editor/whatever paid for

nice to see activity on this forum:)

i posted my thoughts and and will quit my job - if it becomes a pro esports mod, which i think it has the potential with the right team behind it!

Steve Polge, lead developer for Unreal Tournament says they'll be shipping the new UT with Assault- we need to be VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VOCAL about getting UT99 Assault in, not some shitty vehicle assault crapcake. If anyone would like to go on a server and make some videos with me about launching I'd appreciate the help - I've shoutcased a few PUGs which have been watched by EPIC devs and we'll see what we can get accomplished.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?5562-UT-Gametypes-Design
Epic will be closely involved in and leading the design and development of the core gametypes (those that we shipped in our previous titles, like Deathmatch, CTF, Onslaught, Assault, etc.). We’re very interested in your ideas about how to move these gametypes forward.