Need a US style 2 pin socket rated at 240V or more

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Quasi^

Me.
Oct 26, 2002
Behind a crate
Just throwing this out there cause these seem hard to come by. I need to make a short extension with a US 2pin socket one end and a UK plug the other. It needs to be rated 240V like UK standard.

So far I've found 2 places to get them - one in Hong Kong and one in Singapore = a long delivery time. Does anyone know somewhere in UK or EU that sells them?

This is what I'm looking for:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/260981310433?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It doesn't matter if comes with the other half. So long as I can wire up the socket it's fine.

I need cable really. I have one of those travel plugs but with one of those the whole bundle is too wobbly and loses connection. It's a battery charger with a swivel out plug.

I've had to find similar things in the past and all I did was go into a hardware / electrical shop in town (not a high street store, obviously) and ask them to make me up some cables to my specs. They did it really quickly and it was incredibly cheap, too. This depends on whether your town has such a shop, but if you can find a guy selling miscellaneous electrical goods and household appliances, chances are he'll do you a cable no problem.

Also I'm sure you could ask students at a uni or college to make you one, if they're working in electronics or some other related discipline - you'll probably have to supply them the parts though.

I can wire/solder the cable myself. The only problem is finding the socket in the first place. Naturally all the US ones are only 110V so they are no good. The only people that I've found selling 240V versions are in Hong Kong and Singapore with a huge delivery time.