Recommend a laptop pls...

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Ye but then I have to uninstall Win8 and install a pirated copy of Win7, which is a lot of hassle. I just suck. It's OK though, I just went to a site which lets you custom design your own one, so got a £500ish quote for some good stuff (inc Win7 pre-installed). Mym wouldn't approve but his opinion only matters when I agree with it,

Whats with this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-i5-2430M-Processor-DVD-Super-Windows/dp/B005WOELCM/ref=sr_1_10?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1371325742&sr=1-10&keywords=Acer#productDetails

Its Ok , even u want a bit Gaming on it. My Wife had it and on Summer Days i play sometimes Outside a bit , much Games Work and for Office things it is also good. And it had Win 7 :) .

Or u buy a better One and Buy Win 7 original , the OEM Versions are very Cheap at the moment.
http://www.amazon.de/Windows-7-Professional-64bit-OEM/dp/B00BTHMA0Q/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1371325338&sr=8-6&keywords=windows+7+64+bit+oem

If u Buy it on .de its just £33 (50 euro) and u had a Legal Copy .

Ye but then I have to uninstall Win8 and install a pirated copy of Win7, which is a lot of hassle. I just suck. It's OK though, I just went to a site which lets you custom design your own one, so got a £500ish quote for some good stuff (inc Win7 pre-installed). Mym wouldn't approve but his opinion only matters when I agree with it,

Or you could have just got a win8 pro laptop, which entitles you to downgrade to win7 pro for free ad helps you do it.

Ye I was looking for that Mym but couldn't find one with the specific specs and also the downgrade option, AND in my price range. I haven't ordered anything yet, though.

THe Acer one has integrated gfx, Spitter - I want one with an actual separate card included. And I won't buy Win7 if I already have it tbh, thanks though.

This one looks OK, but with only 6GB of RAM it seems that 64-bit Win7 is pointless, if it even comes with 64-bit, which I can't tell from the page. I already have the same problem on my laptop - Win7 64-bit but only 4GB of RAM. The one I have put together has SSD drive, 8GB of RAM and a gfx card, which altogether I think is worth it for the extra money - after all I hardly ever buy new computing stuff so this one has to last. Cheers though.

Need it to run Pro Tools, Ableton, play games, Firefox... My current laptop really struggles with all of these, largely because of 4GB of RAM and no gfx card. I want 8GB of RAM because that's what 64-bit needs to run optimally, and why buy 6GB when you can just go with 8?

Need it to run Pro Tools, Ableton, play games, Firefox... My current laptop really struggles with all of these, largely because of 4GB of RAM and no gfx card. I want 8GB of RAM because that's what 64-bit needs to run optimally, and why buy 6GB when you can just go with 8?

Sure but if the trade off is that you're stuck with an integrated gfx card? Is it really worth it then? Because that's just it isn't it, you have to choose between 8gb ram and a proper gfx card?

Hmm clicked it and saw this, then I read it and saw this

"View Bob - 0%

I used to think this option would let me look at some guy named Bob, but no.
And Epic wouldn't give me a refund either. Anyway, push the slider all the way
to the left so that your view does not bob up and down while you move. This
will greatly improve your aim while moving, while also making it easier to
keep an eye out for Bob."

Never knew about this option in 13 years :rofl:

Going to give it a try thanks useless!

Sure but if the trade off is that you're stuck with an integrated gfx card? Is it really worth it then? Because that's just it isn't it, you have to choose between 8gb ram and a proper gfx card?

I didn't think I was choosing between them - I thought I was getting 8GB of RAM and an Nvidia card, which is what I want. Have I fucked up somewhere? Can I have both at once?

I didn't think I was choosing between them - I thought I was getting 8GB of RAM and an Nvidia card, which is what I want. Have I fucked up somewhere? Can I have both at once?

I dunno what Maxiz is babbling about, of course you can have both.
And I'm on the same page as you there, 4gb ram in my laptop is NOT enough.

If you can squeeze in both and still afford it then sure by all means go right ahead! I thought it was an issue with overspending so you had to choose :sofa:

nm me then, I'm clearly a baboon.

If you can squeeze in both and still afford it then sure by all means go right ahead! I thought it was an issue with overspending so you had to choose :sofa:

nm me then, I'm clearly a baboon.

It's been clear for years now mate, we accepted it long ago

This one looks OK, but with only 6GB of RAM it seems that 64-bit Win7 is pointless,

Ah? All Over 4 GB is NOT Piontless for 64 bit. Even with 4 GB u share memory with maybe GFX Card with 32 bit.

So its not Pointless :) . And 6 GB are ENOUGH , but if u want picture editing or some other RAM needed Stuff then its not that much. But also with some Photoshop it must be enough :)