14maps match. 19th, Sunday.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Signing if allowed to play

£50 into UTA fund will buy you out of jail and show us that you are willing to commit again properly.
I know you haven't fucked up in the last Survivors you played, but I will still require that as a sign of goodwill.

If you mess up again, we will at least have some money to reduce the damage.

£50 into UTA fund will buy you out of jail and show us that you are willing to commit again properly.
I know you haven't fucked up in the last Survivors you played, but I will still require that as a sign of goodwill.

Thanks but no thanks. Your very enthusiastic, keep up your effort to revive the community, but I think it's really sad that you demand money to let someone play. :rolleyes:

£50 wouldn't raise even my eyebrow. No amount of money will give XB a get out of jail card if using Pug resources. Community thrives with out him and your initiatives creates more diversity so kudos to your efforts.

Seas, why do you say that £50 or any amount would do this? On what authority? You don't speak for me and probably not for anyone else. As far as I'm concerned XB can do what he wants, money doesn't enter into it and if it did I'd leave this community immediately. The idea of making people pay reparations for stuff other people remember them doing? Suddenly the rest of us are all saints now? I've flamed people in the past, tell me how much your magic calculator says I owe 'the community'. Fucking bloody hell.

I just threw it out there, friend :>
In real life many criminals buy themselves freedom, at least for certain crimes, that's where this thought came from.

We played in MC's channel, so if MC says no, then it's no. I never liked XB, so it's fine.

And look up the timezones, please, people. GMT != British Summer Time!! Look that up!

Last edited:
just for the record i let xb in the last survivor and everything went well...

I still think the conspiracy tantrum he pulled was bloody retarded though...

£50 wouldn't raise even my eyebrow. No amount of money will give XB a get out of jail card if using Pug resources. Community thrives with out him and your initiatives creates more diversity so kudos to your efforts.

I don't want to cause a stir, but you PM'd me after I donated to MyM's server telling me I could rejoin #utapug (also saying I wasn't banned there). For the record, I had donated merely as a favor to MyM and an expression of gratitude for the four years I had played on his servers without being able to pay and had stipulated that it wasn't to buy my way into/out of anything. You PM'd me the very next weekend inviting me to play in your channel again, so since some people have suggested this was a buyback, was it? If yes, then surely that should mean others can be given the same chance?

I honestly don't know what happened with XB other than everyone saying he went insane, but I recalled XB as being a good teamplayer, less un-friendly than a lot of other players and more willing to do things for the community. Granted, things change and people don't stay the same for four years (sadly, too many in UTA do), but I personally believe that everyone is redeemable on some level if given the opportunity to redeem themselves. While the time for that redemption might not come for some time, and oughtn't include forced donations, keep in mind that some deserve a chance to prove themselves and learn from their mistakes. (This is not some "oh noes the league is dying we need to be soft on people so we can survive" bs, just good pracice to heal wounds)

I don't want to cause a stir, but you PM'd me after I donated to MyM's server telling me I could rejoin #utapug (also saying I wasn't banned there). For the record, I had donated merely as a favor to MyM and an expression of gratitude for the four years I had played on his servers without being able to pay and had stipulated that it wasn't to buy my way into/out of anything. You PM'd me the very next weekend inviting me to play in your channel again, so since some people have suggested this was a buyback, was it? If yes, then surely that should mean others can be given the same chance?
You are not causing a stir. Nobody asked you to make a donation. You decided to do that. There are many 'famous' sayings that go along the lines, an apology or an act of good faith is not neither when suggested or prompted by someone else.

Here is the log from that day that speaks words itself and when read is in a slightly different context to how you wrote above, especially given how you have not been on the ban list for half a year prior to the dontation :)
1[20:12] <McNeill> thanks for your contribution for the pug server running costs smant.
[20:12] <as-smant> You're welcome, thank you for permbanning me because DJ was sad.
01[20:12] <McNeill> your not perma banned by me
[20:14] <as-smant> Really? Because you were the one who banned me, saying it was permanent, and when salva tried to unban me circa 2010 he said it was because of you. Must have been a misunderstanding.
01[20:14] <McNeill> your not even on pug ban list
[20:14] <as-smant> And for the record: I don't care, sorry for making a big deal out of it.
01[20:15] <McNeill> you can see if u can join
[20:17] <as-smant> While I very much appreciate that, I don't think I'll be pugging - not active and don't want to be part of the negativity in UTA. We'll see if that changes

Yes indeed people can redeem themselves, but not as a suggestion from others - then the act is pointless. If XB wanted to redeem himself without input from others and be sincere at the same time I would listen. That however will no longer be the case thanks to having to respond to this post - now I will never know.

asking for money is stupid seas lol.

just like saying if i don't use a mic to play i can't play. Not that I'm bothered but you've lost another community member in me aswell as XB as i won't be playing again and i can't see that the community needs to lose players lol.

good luck in the future though x

The forced mic rule improved team play.
I don't want quantity, I want quality.
This wasn't some big act to revive community anyway, was just to get intense matches back.

It worked out nicely, so now I'll also do some things to increase activity, like opening chan at qnet.
But it'll be very controlled, so quality doesn't suffer. Stability, integrity, quality.

Not willing to show commitment by having a mic? Then get lost.
Not willing to apologize for all fuckups in #utapug? Then get lost.

Personally, I find the money idea good, because money improves things, but I'll just spend some more of mine..
Like several generous people in UTA have been doing.

And I certainly wasn't asking or demanding money, I threw it out there to see the reaction.
The reaction itself gives much more insight.

Last edited: