No Sound?!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Kaka

TNT
Jun 9, 2005
Netherlands
I really need some help to fix my problem I have with my sound options..

It started when I couldn't SET any sound device as DEFAULT anymore.. the devices are in the list, but I cannot set them as default. I tried updating some drivers etc. , didnt work.

Now, I don't have sound at all, also a little cross appeared at my sound options as you can see in the screen and it says "no speakers or headphones connected" while they are connected.

Also when I click the "record" tab in sound options, sound options freezes and crashes.

I tried to look on the internet, but no clear answer so far.

Can anyone help me with this?

nosound.png

I dont know what way did you install the drivers again?

First: Uninstall the audio drivers via the Device-Manager.

Second: Reboot your System!

Third: Install the latest drivers for your audio device!

Sometimes you need to reboot again...done.

Maybe it helps...

greetz

Attachments

• devicemanager.jpg
    devicemanager.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 74
(19:51:05) *( Banshee ) did you try to do a right click and chose activate?
(19:51:17) *( Banshee ) that normaly happens when a source is disabled or not plugged in
(19:52:07) *! Banshee slaps kaka

Updating 'some' drivers. What exactly is some, should only need to update realtek audio drivers.

Either its realtek auto detect not picking up that speakers are plugged in, you dont have speakers plugged in!, windows is messed up somehow (uninstall from device manager, or run MS autofix from their webby), youve got something disabled in software

Yak, I have tried uninstalling from device manager but it didnt work.. And Mym I have tried that aswell, I removed the Realtek drivers and installed the latest but nothing changed. My speakers are build in my laptop so Im sure they are connected.. also the headphones are connected as well but not working.

I'll try and google the MS autofix..

image.png

Its probably an issue with the hdmi port thinking its plugged in still, im guessing youve hooked it up to a TV recently. Dont know why you have so many nvidia high def audio devices, Id uninstall all of them and reboot

I do have a TV plugged in recently, it is still plugged in now.. I dont know why i have that many nvidia drivers aswell Mym, I tried uninstalling them and rebooting several times, but it's no solution. I think the windows update fucked something up, guess there is no other option then to reinstall windows :[