The Hobbit

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

-htlm carrying a semi stiff one yet?

ever since the first official trailer m8, learned the song by heart

far oooover the misty mountains cold.... to dungeons deep... and caverns old... the pines were roaring onnnnnn the heights, the winds were moaning..... innnn the night.... the fire was red.... it flaming spread..... the trees like torches.... blazed with light

Last edited:

for Smaug's (the dragon) lair they used up all the gold paint available in australia and new zealand..... they had to order more from germany :rofl:

also the actor playing radagast the brown looks fucken awesome for the part !

John Howe's bowl of pencil stubs also made me :rofl:

6954.78 kilometers of film woulda been used if this wasn't digital :scared:

Last edited:
one question.. when the actors come on stage at the comic con, they show a small part of a trailer in which you can see something enormous, kinda looks like an ent but then from stone or so, whats that? I cannot remember reading about some large stone ent in the book or so?

it's at 1:20 btw

one question.. when the actors come on stage at the comic con, they show a small part of a trailer in which you can see something enormous, kinda looks like an ent but then from stone or so, whats that? I cannot remember reading about some large stone ent in the book or so?

it's at 1:20 btw

wow initially i didn't pay much attention to that scene but now i noticed the dwarves on the left side and they are so fucking tiny compared to that .... thing

my guess might be that it's a giant from the trollshaws, they aren't involved in any story but i do think they are mentionned

i don't think that could be beorn so the only thing left would be a giant ass ent

can't wait to know!

Looking nice. I'm not excited at all about this but I'l prolly still watch it. Just hope they put the whole forest bit in (can't remember what it's called). Three movies, though? Where the hell are they getting the material for that? Hopefully not shitloads of dialogue and exposition and filler.

Looking nice. I'm not excited at all about this but I'l prolly still watch it. Just hope they put the whole forest bit in (can't remember what it's called). Three movies, though? Where the hell are they getting the material for that? Hopefully not shitloads of dialogue and exposition and filler.

if you read the hobbit you would know that it's a childrens book and a lot is left out. At some points gandalf completly dissapears from the story on some unknown errand which is not explained in the book at all... needless to say gandalf wasnt idle and we know from tolkien himself, though not in the hobbit, what gandalf was doing. And many scenes, like when they reach rivendell in the book are extremely short, lots more stuff happened there as well and will be shown in the movie.

Last edited: