soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

alcool29.gif

He's had his team dictated to him pretty much, no other manager would be any different. He's had a few injuries, players not playing regularly and the usual over rated/over reliant players not performing.

Can't see that ever changing regardless of the manager.

Defence was OK, rest of the team didn't do much. Will never win anything if you don't have the ability to score.

over rated/over reliant players* aka the attacking players you mean? I dont understand how they can get the blame, when Hodgson set England up like Chelsea an just all men behind ball defending an leaving 1 or 2 forward.

He playing for counters/setpeices.. but even on counters alot of time England had to hold up the ball an slow it down so players could get forward, by that time defences was back in place...

Imo i just think if he set it up diff, an actually went with a more attacking frame of mind, England might've been/done better.. but you left the tourney being outplayed 10x by Ukraine.

You could foresee this in the national anthems. Germany looked timid, half of the dont even sing.... Italians were bubbly and full of confidence. I still say this aint over though. 2-2 and a winner in ET from either team, hard to say

There's just one team germany cant never ever win against,,,and that is italy. It was so for decades and it will be in the future. Pitty, but italy plays quite well and germany pretty rubbish

Wow Ivan, why are there ever goals? Ever? I mean it must be easy to take care of 1 or 2 strikers every match when you have 4 defenders right?:rolleyes:

Germany were too cocky, they thought that they were allready in the final. Italy put some pressure on the edefence and the whole thing collapsed, that second goal was awfull defending... Kroos on Pirlo? they tried to defend him but it was a poor performance from the whole germany squad, u were just not good enough. in the fututre a lot of teams arent gonna adept to germany but they gonna work the defence, and go at them!!
good luck with a shitty defence! we dutch people know what it's like hehe