soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

It should really come as no surprise to anyone when England goes out against Italy tonight.

^.

Also, "England recorded 35% possession against Italy - their worst amount of possession in the tournament. Against France it was 39%, Sweden 48% and Ukraine 45%."

gz on getting Hodgson FA. Smart move.

Could replace Hogson with name of last 10 trainers and the results would not be better :P ... prolly the future 10 trainers too :troll: :lol:

I was hoping england would win, although during the game i slowly started rooting for italy cause they played quite nice (esp. pirlo) and the panenka just did it /applaud.

ixSNKeWYY7zCQ.gif

:sofa:

:(

Could replace Hogson with name of last 10 trainers and the results would not be better :P ... prolly the future 10 trainers too :troll: :lol:

I was hoping england would win, although during the game i slowly started rooting for italy cause they played quite nice (esp. pirlo) and the panenka just did it /applaud.

End result would probably still be the same but how they would've gotten there would've been different. Sitting back with 10 men behind the ball isn't what most coaches like to do :p

I'm glad we went out of the tournament , was painful to watch, all we ever do is pass the ball around the back and big boot up field , defend for another 5 mins , repeat 100 times until penalties. we are only a top 8 side not got near enough quality to be any further.

when we actually went foward we looked pretty good hough to be honest. shame the attackers were barely in the game.

Rooney was SHOCKING if you actually watched him closely. so over rated.

I'm glad we went out of the tournament , was painful to watch, all we ever do is pass the ball around the back and big boot up field , defend for another 5 mins , repeat 100 times until penalties. we are only a top 8 side not got near enough quality to be any further.

when we actually went foward we looked pretty good hough to be honest. shame the attackers were barely in the game.

Rooney was SHOCKING if you actually watched him closely. so over rated.

Can't really blame Roonster, or any of the forwards for having a "poor" tourney.. the team was built around 10man defence.. most time Eng forwards was isolated an nowhere to go on counters. Few exceptions where England actually pushed forward an they looked half decent, shame it wasn't done more often.

Personally as a neutral i'd hope Hodgson goes, as future for English football doesn't look promising at the mo, i aint sure what any English man can take from this tourney, except realising the wrong manager was appointed again.

lmao that Pirlo penalty....:rofl:

How crazy are you, if you should a penalty like this when you are 1 goal behind!??...loool very great goal by him

lol god u english people are allways negative regarding ur team. ur best asset of the team is ur defence, so why not rely on it and hope that a class striker and a class midfielder scores a goal. Watching Gerrard playing this tournament was just a joy to watch.

lmao that Pirlo penalty....:rofl:

How crazy are you, if you should a penalty like this when you are 1 goal behind!??...loool very great goal by him
Well, Hart was already on the ground before Pirlo even starting his run so it wasn't that bad really :P
Very poor goalkeeping for that penalty...

Personally as a neutral i'd hope Hodgson goes, as future for English football doesn't look promising at the mo, i aint sure what any English man can take from this tourney, except realising the wrong manager was appointed again.

He's had his team dictated to him pretty much, no other manager would be any different. He's had a few injuries, players not playing regularly and the usual over rated/over reliant players not performing.

Can't see that ever changing regardless of the manager.

Defence was OK, rest of the team didn't do much. Will never win anything if you don't have the ability to score.