soccer / football thread

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Fantastic, once again spending well beyond their means and a transfer fee which will equate to the same amount of the bottom 12 teams total spending this summer. Nice.

The sooner the new financial rules are in place the better.

:rofl:

Today supposed expert pundit, Alan Hansen has predicted the semi finals of Euro 2012 will be made up on Spain, Germany, Netherlands and Portugal. It took a fans comment for him to realise 3 are in the same group and quickly editted this to being his "favourites"

:D

ofnty.jpg

wtf? didnt see this one coming. the danes played quiet cleverly and the dutch defense was crap as hell. Robben a waste. Poor Sneijder, he was class.
Although i am german, i wanted the dutchies to win. at work we made some prediction game and everyone - even me - predicted a dutch win ;)

Ah well, now i am looking even more forward to the Ger-NL clash. Now the german team has a huge chance to send the dutchies right back home when they win. Boy that would be sweet :)

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:
We didnt do well on the finishing part, v persie was v poor and robben was invisible. On the other side, Germany and Portugal werent great aswell. It looks like we have some interesting game on our hands.

Just 12hours left for kickoff :bounce:
Statistics: Overall there were 38 matches between both teams. german wins: 14, draws: 14 and dutch wins: 10 times.
Maybe besides matches against italy, games against holland are the most "loved" rivalry for german football fans :D

Saw that it will be damn hot when the match takes places (about 30 degrees), so it will prolly be a slow and not so fast paced match. :\

Now a serious question to our dutchies here:
Outside the netherlands, the country is often called just Holland.
Then i met some dutchies who said that it's called Netherlands and not just Holland and that some dutchies dont like that the country is just being called "Holland". But then why dutch football fans singing "hup Holland Hup"? :P

To add more spice here some more rivalry pics :D

Attachments

• heimreise.jpg
    heimreise.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 9
  • cheese.jpg
    cheese.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 12
  • voetbal.jpg
    voetbal.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 78
well, in 2008 and 2010 the german team always lost the 2nd group game. So personally i've the weird feeling that the dutchies will win this match...sadly ;)

btw: it will be Arjen Robben against his Bayern teammates....so it will be like the previous season ;)

well, in 2008 and 2010 the german team always lost the 2nd group game. So personally i've the weird feeling that the dutchies will win this match...sadly ;)

btw: it will be Arjen Robben against his Bayern teammates....so it will be like the previous season ;)

nah u is gonna win me thinks

hm denmark vs portugal lets see if the vikings can stop portugal 2!

or can portugal come to their senses :footy: