Diablo 3

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

A few noobs questions:

html: Can you use Rapid fire AND Chakram ? I can only put one of those 'skills' on my bar.

general:
1: Yesterday I was playing with a friend, suddenly people from my real id list were joining the game, and we couldn't kick them, can you lock your game so we can only play duo? The game wasn't set to public

2: Also, when a random player joins, it says the mobs are harder. Do you also get more EXP?

3: And are the mobs also harder if the random player just hangs around in Tristam, while we are in a Dungeon?

4: Last question, if you die on a bossfight, but you dont 'release', so you just wait on the floor while dead, will you still be able to collect the loot if your group kills the boss?

A few noobs questions:

html: Can you use Rapid fire AND Chakram ? I can only put one of those 'skills' on my bar.

general:
1: Yesterday I was playing with a friend, suddenly people from my real id list were joining the game, and we couldn't kick them, can you lock your game so we can only play duo? The game wasn't set to public

2: Also, when a random player joins, it says the mobs are harder. Do you also get more EXP?

3: And are the mobs also harder if the random player just hangs around in Tristam, while we are in a Dungeon?

4: Last question, if you die on a bossfight, but you dont 'release', so you just wait on the floor while dead, will you still be able to collect the loot if your group kills the boss?

html: yes you have to go in the options and turn on elective mode to have full customization of your skills
1:haven't tested coop yet but surely theres a way
2:I believe for 2 players every mobs get double stats, they hand out same amount of xp as single player... but to each players, its not "split"
3: not sure
4: not sure

what i do know though and u didnt ask is, all gold picked up is shared but ALL items that you see on the ground can only be seen /picked up by you, so say your a barbarian playing with a demon hunter friend and you see a mob drop an epic crossbow.... pick it up cuz your friend dh cant see it, for him to see it you have to trade with him or drop it to the ground.
tl;dr items dropped by mobs are visible to unique players, items dropped by players are visible to all

i heard koreans were the first to officially beat the game on normal i believe it took them 6 hours

now afaikpeople are still racing to be worlds first to complete the game on inferno (the 4th difficulty level)

html: yes you have to go in the options and turn on elective mode to have full customization of your skills
1:haven't tested coop yet but surely theres a way
2:I believe for 2 players every mobs get double stats, they hand out same amount of xp as single player... but to each players, its not "split"
3: not sure
4: not sure

what i do know though and u didnt ask is, all gold picked up is shared but ALL items that you see on the ground can only be seen /picked up by you, so say your a barbarian playing with a demon hunter friend and you see a mob drop an epic crossbow.... pick it up cuz your friend dh cant see it, for him to see it you have to trade with him or drop it to the ground.
tl;dr items dropped by mobs are visible to unique players, items dropped by players are visible to all

Found some answers to my noobquestions :')
1: You can close your co-op game @ the social menu (right next to the mature language filter)
2: answered

I still don't know how this works.

Still not sure how this works, for random blue/yellow mobs you can loot them even if you died, but I'm not sure how this works for 'event' bosses.

Still not sure how this works, for random blue/yellow mobs you can loot them even if you died, but I'm not sure how this works for 'event' bosses.

works :)

i beat normal on my demon hunter lvl 31

i must admit i died 3 times on act 3 (all to creeps) and maybe 5-6 more times on minibosses on act 4.... i did beat all 4 final act bosses on the first time though :D

fyi my first death was when i first encountered a group of elite creeps with the characteristic MOLTEN for the first time.... didn't know what molten did ... turns out after creeps die they release a pretty shiny red ball over their dead body which shortly afterwards goes BOOM and hurts bad.... turns out i met those guys in a tiny room too so i couldnt really run out -_-

so ya be carefully when you meet stuff you don't know -_-

i have a question, how to open trade menue?

and what are your Battnetnames so i can add?

mine is: derzonk#2108

monk lvl 20 at II act...

and i reeaallly enjoyed the movie finish of part I so i'm looking forward for more... not that i'm addicted ;)

:wave:

Dont read if you don't want to know about the 'hidden level'
Hey guys, decided I would build a guide on how to get each peice required for the staff since there isn't much direct info out there yet.

For those who don't know the staff leads to the new version of the "cow level" And is crafted using 5 rare items and a rare recipe, you need 150,000 gold total for the normal version of this staff.

Leroic's Shinbone Act: 1 - Found Inside of the fireplace in Leroic's Manor (Click on the burnt logs) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eIbYgfoBSs

The Black Mushroom Act: 1 - Found in the cathedral, most commonly floor 1 (Click mushroom pile) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-RLeehzfYA

Liquid Rainbow Act: 2 - Inside of a mysterious cave in act 2 (Dahlgur Oasis) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2irGFmldec0

Wirt's Bell Act: 2 - Bought for 100,000 gold from Squirts in the Act 2 Bazaar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FspdRzxIg_k

Gibbering Gemstone Act: 3 - Drops from Chiltara in the Caves of Frost(Found after Bridge of Korsikk) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxUh63yx4oU

Plans: Staff of Herding Act: 4 The recipe to craft the staff is a drop from Izual (Act 4 Boss) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=geoODfSVs3U

Once all 6 items are obtained, open the window of your blacksmith and right click the pattern to learn it, you can now craft it under the weapon section.

Now that it is crafted, you must visit The Ghost of the Cow king on old tristram road in Act 1, he will have a brief dialog with you and then open the path to Whimsyshire, the magical land of rainbows and ponies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDpaS_hVqjw

Good luck on the farming and enjoy slaying the over friendly beasts!!!

credits to some guy on reddit.

I'm a bit confused about the difficulty levels.
I thought the levels are the acts, so
Act I = Normal
Act II = Nightmare
Act III = Hell
Act IV = Inferno

I don't really get it at the moment (maybe because I'm not playing it yet :P?)

Btw adding playertags in first post.

solar: the game has 4 acts about 5 hours long each

once you start the game you can only play on normal so you beat all 4 acts but when you're done you start over at the start of act 1 but this time on nightmare difficulty. Once you get there you keep your companion all your skills gold items etc.... the enemies are just much harder.... and you gotta beat all 4 acts again if you're good enough, then onwards to hell, and if you're ballsy enough inferno!

basically yes but the levels and mini events are randomly generated so even though the overarching story and principal quests are exactly the same the actual playthrough is not the same at all AND im not sure if ill even be able to beat hell (the 3rd difficulty level) on my own